Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:Dumb comment.

No, what's dumb is you haven't yet learned how to properly spell the name of your church. The word "the" must be capitalized.

There, I helped you out. You may say, "Thank you". You will always remember that it was I who taught you the correct way to spell your church. There is nothing you can do to undo that.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Before they would be warranted in saying that the entire Book of Abraham was not properly translated, they would have to examine the original papyrus, or a copy of it, from which the Book of Abraham was translated – John Henry Evans (1912)

Well, that is not a problem when it comes to Facsimile No. 3 and the Explanations which have been canonized in LDS scripture. Therein, is every single hieroglyph and character in which Joseph Smith used to tender his translations and interpretations from the very vignette. It's all there, lock, stock, and barrel.

And guess what? The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 have been proven false through modern Egyptology. It's conclusive, Joseph Smith really couldn't read Egyptian. The early Mormons were duped.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:I am informing him that my testimony is founded on the Book of Mormon, which is the word of God, not the words of a man.

Well, it's a good thing Mormon god had a copy of the King James Bible on hand while helping Joe Smith translate the Book of Mormon. KJV Bible errors, anachronisms, and warts.

The word of god is just stupid.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:Wrong! You have fallen for falsehoods fabricated by the enemies of the Church and never stood the test of time. You are the one who has opted to believe in lies and falsehoods, not us.

I am the enemy of the church. I've not fallen for anything. I've studied and researched the facts and testify that the facts prove Mormonism is false.

The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are utterly and completely false. I've already explained this to you in another thread. But you are an ignorant novice that refuses to be instructed through scientific reasoning. You do nothing but peddle cheap lies that rolled of the mouth of Joseph Smith. You have been rebuked repeatedly. You cannot even read Egyptian and know little about how the Book of Abraham was produced and the historical facts that attest to its making. You don't know what you're talking about. Just sit down. You have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation. You are foaming at the mouth like a demon and making all kinds of wild claims. It's like you're possessed by a lying spirit.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:You started it...
No I didn’t.

Hey, 14 year old zerinus, what is the king's name in the writing of Facsimile No. 3?

King:_______________________
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:No, what's dumb is you haven't yet learned how to properly spell the name of your church. The word "the" must be capitalized.

There, I helped you out. You may say, "Thank you". You will always remember that it was I who taught you the correct way to spell your church. There is nothing you can do to undo that.
Nitpicking, still dumb comment. In informal conversation “the” can be omitted, if the context implies it. In the revelation in which the name of the Church was revealed we find the following:

D&C 115:

3 And also unto my faithful servants who are of the high council of my church in Zion, for thus it shall be called, and unto all the elders and people of my Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, scattered abroad in all the world;
4 For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As you can see, the definitive article in the first instance is omitted. It is not sacrosanct.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:
Shulem wrote:No, what's dumb is you haven't yet learned how to properly spell the name of your church. The word "the" must be capitalized.

Nitpicking, still dumb comment. In informal conversation “the” can be omitted, if the context implies it. In the revelation in which the name of the Church was revealed we find the following:

D&C 115:

3 And also unto my faithful servants who are of the high council of my church in Zion, for thus it shall be called, and unto all the elders and people of my Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, scattered abroad in all the world;
4 For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As you can see, the definitive article in the first instance is omitted. It is not sacrosanct.

The General Authorities would chastise you for representing the church in this fashion. The official use of the name is always capitized -- see LDS.org -- unless of course, you're a novice and don't know any better.

For your instruction:

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/name-of-the-church?lang=eng

Every word is clarifying and indispensable. The word The indicates the unique position of the restored Church among the religions of the world.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:
zerinus wrote:I am informing him that my testimony is founded on the Book of Mormon, which is the word of God, not the words of a man.
Well, it's a good thing Mormon god had a copy of the King James Bible on hand while helping Joe Smith translate the Book of Mormon. KJV Bible errors, anachronisms, and warts.

The word of god is just stupid.
Rubbish, nonsense. The KJV quotes comprise about 7% of the Book of Mormon. And they are not identical; there are variations. If the Book of Mormon was a fraud, why would Joseph Smith want to expose himself to that kind of criticism by merely copying lengthy passage from the KJV—when he could have just omitted them, and nobody would have noticed anything?
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:The General Authorities would chastise you for representing the church in this fashion. The official use of the name is always capitized -- see LDS.org -- unless of course, you're a novice and don't know any better.
I think that I am smarter than them. LOL! I quoted you what God had said, not what man has said.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:I am the enemy of the church.
I had figured.

I've not fallen for anything.
Oh yes you have. You have fallen for the lies of the devil against Mormonism.

I've studied and researched the facts and testify that the facts prove Mormonism is false.
You have done no such thing. You have been deceived and lied to, and fallen for the deception—or deluded yourself into believing that which is not true.

The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are utterly and completely false. I've already explained this to you in another thread. But you are an ignorant novice that refuses to be instructed through scientific reasoning. You do nothing but peddle cheap lies that rolled of the mouth of Joseph Smith. You have been rebuked repeatedly. You cannot even read Egyptian and know little about how the Book of Abraham was produced and the historical facts that attest to its making. You don't know what you're talking about. Just sit down. You have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation. You are foaming at the mouth like a demon and making all kinds of wild claims. It's like you're possessed by a lying spirit.
You are talking rubbish, nonsense. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, just as the Book of Abraham is the word of God.