Austin Farrer and Internal Polemics in the LDS Community

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Austin Farrer and Internal Polemics in the LDS Community

Post by _moksha »

But I’m confident that FairMormon, the Interpreter Foundation, Book of Mormon Central, Brian and Laura Hales, Sancho Panza, and I, Dan Quixote, regard our mission as Knights Gallant in very much that light. In my judgment, we seek the dream of the original FARMS and I know if we are true to that quest then our hearts may be peaceful and still when we're laid to our rest.

These noble sentiments should shake the usurpers at the Neal A. Maxwell Institute to their very core. That knave Blair Hodges verily doth tremble in the wake, for ours is the power and glory forever and ever - even if the golden sceptre has been stolen, amen.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

RockSlider wrote:The silver fox carries the day for charisma.

Yes, but I think of quite a different kind.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Part of this is because the strategy itself is a failure: DCP doesn't do "negative" Mopologetics any more. Instead, he hides behind Boyce, like a coward. His fan base always looked up to him as the big, tough, smart "holy warrior" who would not just smack down the "uncontested slam-dunks," but who would humiliate the critics in the process, and he just doesn't do this anymore.

Maybe not in the context of trying to humiliate named people doing signed apologetics. Apropos of nothing, he said this recently to a poster on his blog:
fMLC, it seems as if the hellish years you claim to have spent without premarital sex have had a very deleterious effect on you.
http://disq.us/p/1l56v4p

Yes, it's pretty toothless to say that to an anonymous person in a comment section of your meaningless blog, but I'm talking more about the character of the person who comes up with a vulgar comment like that. That's just crass.