Kofford Pranks The Interpreter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: Kofford Pranks The Interpreter

Post by _RockSlider »

It's tough being the non-intellectual in the crowd. Can someone fill me in on the players and the background here a bit? How does the narrator fit into this story, Who is this Kofford publishing and what are they all about?
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Well, a mighty storm in a teacup really, but shows the animosity felt towards anyone who bites back at Daniel and the Interpreter.

If you can't take a little bar room humour, you shouldn't give it.. imho.
"It's a little like the Confederate Constitution guaranteeing the freedom to own slaves. Irony doesn't exist for bigots or fanatics." Maksutov
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Mary wrote:Well, a mighty storm in a teacup really, but shows the animosity felt towards anyone who bites back at Daniel and the Interpreter.

If you can't take a little bar room humour, you shouldn't give it.. imho.

That's a pretty good rule of thumb, I'd say.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_the narrator
_Emeritus

Post by _the narrator »

Analytics wrote:I'd donate $50 to the Interpreter Foundation to see the actual email exchange. Seriously.

I'm imagining...

Dear Mr. Kofford,

I am writing this email to you on behalf of the Board of Directors of the Interpreter Foundation to inform you that in a marketing piece, you gravely misrepresent a review that was published in Volume 27 of Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture by Dr. Steven T. Densley Jr......

Dear Dr. Peterson,

I express my sincerest gratitude for you calling this serious matter to my attention. We will be having a board meeting soon and will set up a committee to review this matter thoroughly. I personally assure you that if our committee determines that Densely's review for the Interpreter has in fact been materially misrepresented, corrective actions will be implemented....

That is hilarious.

I'll save you the $ and give you the actual response:

Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We normally have a review process to prevent this, as we would not want an author’s work blatantly misrepresented to the public. We will review the matter and remove the ad if we feel this has occurred.

As I’m sure you agree, whether this was done intentionally or accidentally, it would be wrong for us to allow such a misrepresentation (if it is one) to continue.

I am glad to know that you would also doubt the integrity and honesty of the Interpreter if they allowed blatant misrepresentations of authors to go into print.

We will review the matter first thing in the morning and make our decision. I’ll let you know what we’ve decided.

Have a great evening, and thanks for pointing this out.
You're absolutely vile and obnoxious paternalistic air of intellectual superiority towards anyone who takes issue with your clear misapprehension of core LDS doctrine must give one pause. - Droopy
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

the narrator wrote:
Analytics wrote:I'd donate $50 to the Interpreter Foundation to see the actual email exchange. Seriously.

I'm imagining...

Dear Mr. Kofford,

I am writing this email to you on behalf of the Board of Directors of the Interpreter Foundation to inform you that in a marketing piece, you gravely misrepresent a review that was published in Volume 27 of Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture by Dr. Steven T. Densley Jr......

Dear Dr. Peterson,

I express my sincerest gratitude for you calling this serious matter to my attention. We will be having a board meeting soon and will set up a committee to review this matter thoroughly. I personally assure you that if our committee determines that Densely's review for the Interpreter has in fact been materially misrepresented, corrective actions will be implemented....

That is hilarious.

I'll save you the $ and give you the actual response:

Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We normally have a review process to prevent this, as we would not want an author’s work blatantly misrepresented to the public. We will review the matter and remove the ad if we feel this has occurred.

As I’m sure you agree, whether this was done intentionally or accidentally, it would be wrong for us to allow such a misrepresentation (if it is one) to continue.

I am glad to know that you would also doubt the integrity and honesty of the Interpreter if they allowed blatant misrepresentations of authors to go into print.

We will review the matter first thing in the morning and make our decision. I’ll let you know what we’ve decided.

Have a great evening, and thanks for pointing this out.

oh snap! :lol: :lol:
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »