Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

Post by _sock puppet »

April 3, 1836, Kirtland Temple vision included:

D&C 110
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.

For people that are deluded enough to think that JSjr spewed forth the word of god, tell me, where is this land of the north?
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

Post by _deacon blues »

Polaris is quite a ways North. But maybe it just means the Canadians
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The land of the north is everywhere and anywhere north of Kirtland Ohio.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

sock puppet wrote:April 3, 1836, Kirtland Temple vision included:

D&C 110
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.

For people that are deluded enough to think that JSjr spewed forth the word of god, tell me, where is this land of the north?

Other folks have speculated on this. The question I have is whether or not Joseph was also free to speculate and whether or not we should think/default to the postition that he 'knew it all'. Are there indications/evidence that his speculations regarding the ten tribes in the north and their return were more than that?

Regards,
MG
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Khaleesi, moon is egg. When it go too close to the Sun it crack open. That is where dragons come from.

- Brother Khal E. Drogo
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Scripture and/or speculation. Neither original nor independent.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Other folks have speculated on this. The question I have is whether or not Joseph was also free to speculate and whether or not we should think/default to the postition that he 'knew it all'. Are there indications/evidence that his speculations regarding the ten tribes in the north and their return were more than that?

Regards,
MG

Certainly Joseph was free to speculate about anything. That is an intentional distraction on your part. Joseph was as not claiming speculation but was claiming revelation from God.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Deacon Blue wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Khaleesi, moon is egg. When it go too close to the Sun it crack open. That is where dragons come from.
- Brother Khal E. Drogo

Scripture and/or speculation. Neither original nor independent.

Say what to will, but Khal Drogo could ride the great Ranyhyn on the Plains of Ra, like the wind. The Ten are probably located somewhere between Newfoundland and Valinor.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

sock puppet wrote:April 3, 1836, Kirtland Temple vision included:

D&C 110

mentalgymnast wrote:Other folks have speculated on this. The question I have is whether or not Joseph was also free to speculate and whether or not we should think/default to the postition that he 'knew it all'. Are there indications/evidence that his speculations regarding the ten tribes in the north and their return were more than that?

Regards,
MG

There are no indications/evidence that any parts of JSjr's entire charade (Mormonism) are anything but his speculations. With this question, MG, you have started down the slippery slope to reality.