Believing Mormonism is a psychotic apophenia

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Believing Mormonism is a psychotic apophenia

Post by _sock puppet »

Psychosis is marked by being delusional, even hallucinating. Apophenia is the tendency to attribute meaning to perceived connections or patterns between unrelated things. That is mental cocktail that plagues believing Mormons.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Believing Mormonism is a psychotic apophenia

Post by _mentalgymnast »

sock puppet wrote:Psychosis is marked by being delusional, even hallucinating. Apophenia is the tendency to attribute meaning to perceived connections or patterns between unrelated things. That is mental cocktail that plagues believing Mormons.

This view of Mormons is connected with the view expressed by Sanctorian on another thread where he pretty much said that believing Mormons are stupid. Or at least acting in a stupid way by believing and/or having faith in the truth claims of the CofJCofLDS.

by the way, sock puppet, I notice you are responding to my posts. I can't remember whether or not you are one of those that said you were going to put me on ignore. There have been quite a few as of late. You have to remember, and be forewarned, that others have categorized me as posting urine drenched and fecal matter filled drivel.

I may not actually be worth your time. :wink:

I mean, isn't it a safe assumption on your part that whatever I say is not worth the time of day that it takes to respond? Others would understand.

Remember...if you ignore me, I'll just go away. :smile:

Others have said as much.

Anyway, your "mental cocktail" accusation against believing Mormons is rather reductionist and also hurtful to those that are self aware enough to know that they are not victims of a "plague".

I'm sure that's not your intent?

Regards,
MG
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Thanks for telling me what my condition is. I would get treatment, but I enjoy living this way.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Kishkumen wrote:Thanks for telling me what my condition is. I would get treatment, but I enjoy living this way.

Be happy.

Regards,
MG