A few questions for Shulem

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: A few questions for Shulem

Post by _Shulem »

***I'M GOING TO HAVE TO POST THIS IN ALL THREE THREADS TO KEEP MY DISCOVERY CONSISTENT AND HAVE JUST CORRECTED MY WEBSITE TO REFLECT THE CHANGE***

I've been studying the plates to make the Facsimiles and have realized that the medium used to create the plates is NOT wood! Wood is a misnomer! The medium in which Reuben Hedlock actually carved the plates is a type of clay lead that was hardened and made suitable for the press. I realized this by scanning close images of all three plates and you can see that the clay lead is actually fastened to woodwork via screws but the once friable medium in which the work was carved was clay lead. Also, I was able to determine that Hedlock used gridlines (see upper corner of Facsimile No. 2 plate) in which to establish his perimeters and size.

Hence, the clay lead was molded and swiped with fine tools to create the images and writing of the Facsimiles. I'm more than ever convinced that the snout was first carved in clay and later chiseled out. Signs of this are right there in CLAY LEAD!

Look out LDS apologists! Your ass is grass!
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just bumping this for MG. I don't believe he's adequately addressed Shulem's points.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Just bumping this for MG. I don't believe he's adequately addressed Shulem's points.

- Doc

If it looks like a fraud, behaves like a fraud, and acts like a fraud, then it probably is a fraud.

Isn't that right, mentalgymnast?
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:If it looks like a fraud, behaves like a fraud, and acts like a fraud, then it probably is a fraud.

Isn't that right, mentalgymnast?[/b]

To be honest, I think that you think...and it's rather obvious by your postings...you've discovered the smoking gun that proves the CofJCofLDS is not the true church of God on the earth. If you can live with and/or accept that this is true for you, I'm totally cool with that.

I don't happen to agree with you, but that's cool too. RIght? :smile:

Regards,
MG
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Mental Gymanst
I don't happen to agree with you, but that's cool too. RIght?

Only with the understanding that the evidences Shulem has brought out you have not actually refuted, and therefore if you still continue to believe against the evidences, then that shatters any credibility on much else you have to say. How will we know if the evidences back you since you are not a follower of evidence, but a mere shallow faithist?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Shulem wrote:If it looks like a fraud, behaves like a fraud, and acts like a fraud, then it probably is a fraud.

To be honest, I think that you think...and it's rather obvious by your postings...you've discovered the smoking gun that proves the CofJCofLDS is not the true church of God on the earth. If you can live with and/or accept that this is true for you, I'm totally cool with that.

Regards,
MG

No it's not cool and it's not alright. I object to your church slandering the Egyptian gods and especially making a mockery of Anubis by calling him a slave and cutting off his snout. I object! I'm offended.

It's not cool.

The Book of Abraham and the Facsimiles are NOT cool. Now do you get that, or what? I want your church to cease printing these slanderous things and defaming the Egyptian gods.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:

Regards,
MG

I'm not supposed to call you a troll anymore or taunt you so you can rest easy on that.

But I'm mad as hell at your church for printing slanderous lies in the Facsimiles and mocking the ancient Egyptian religion. I want you to know, mentalgymnast, I have a deep hatred towards your church for continuing to do this without apology. Your church is very offensive to me.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast,

It's apparent you've learned a lot about the Book of Abraham since our last discussion during the holidays. My question for you shouldn't be too hard to answer, one in which you might find familiarity -- you will recall:
Joseph smith wrote:The above translation is given as far as we have any right to give at the present time
What is the provenance of this statement, mentalgymnast?

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg
Shulem
God

Moment of Discovery

Post by Shulem »

_Shulem wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 am
Philo Sofee wrote:Nice find Shulem!
Philo,

I'm looking at the woodcut on my computer at home now on high definition and it appears that the snout was originally carved into the wood but was afterward chiseled out to make the face look more human, no doubt. I'm wondering if Joseph Smith disapproved of the original carving of Anubis thinking it looked too doglike and ordered it chiseled to make it look more human.

This may be a major discovery on my part. What do you think? Can you see how the snout has been chiseled out?

TESTING, TESTING, 1,2,3.

NEW POST INTO THE OLD BOARD THREAD!

TESTING?

:shock:

PS. Hi, mentalgymnast. It's me, Shulem, your friend up in the Celestial Forum.

;)

PSS. Hi, Jersey Girl, what's u doin, girlfriend?

:P
MG 2.0
God

Re: Moment of Discovery

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:39 pm

PS. Hi, mentalgymnast. It's me, Shulem, your friend up in the Celestial Forum.

Hey Shulem. Yep, this is a blast from the past. For those that didn’t see our conversation in Celestial, it starts here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1283&start=30

Regards,
MG