A few questions for Shulem

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: A few questions for Shulem

Post by _Shulem »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:I hope that Paul does answer MG's questions. He is one of the most knowledgable historians on this board. And he knows the Book of Abraham, flaws and all, like the back of his hand. He has done extensive research. I'm really glad he's posting in the Terrestrial Forum again.

Thank you.

I recommend reading Charles Larson's book available free online here:

By His Own Hand Upon Papyrus
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast! Hello!

Where are YOU?

Shulem wrote:Based on what you see in the enlarged woodcut plate, do you sense that there was a jackal nose originally carved and afterward removed? Which way do you tend to lean knowing what you know right now? On a scale of 1-10: 1 being there is no way there was a nose and 10 being there was most certainly a nose.

[ ] 1 (definitely no)
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10 (definitely yes)

[personal attack deleted]
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:mentalgymnast! Hello!

Where are YOU?

Shulem wrote:Based on what you see in the enlarged woodcut plate, do you sense that there was a jackal nose originally carved and afterward removed? Which way do you tend to lean knowing what you know right now? On a scale of 1-10: 1 being there is no way there was a nose and 10 being there was most certainly a nose.

[ ] 1 (definitely no)
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10 (definitely yes)

He's over in my thread on the fine tuning of the universe ignoring the problem and pretending to converse. At least he shows up in MY thread, neener, neener, neener! :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:

[ ] 1 (definitely no)
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10 (definitely yes)

He's over in my thread on the fine tuning of the universe ignoring the problem and pretending to converse. At least he shows up in MY thread, neener, neener, neener! :lol:

You know what, I just thought of something. In order to believe the prophet Joseph Smith was translating the papyrus correctly and representing the Facsimiles in a dignified and honest fashion there is no room whatsoever to entertain the idea that Smith lopped off the snout of Anubis. Either the prophet got it right or he did not! Either he copied the image from the papyrus correctly into the Facsimile or he did not!

Therefore, apologists are really only left with one appropriate choice:

[X] 1 (definitely no)
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10 (definitely yes)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast, [personal attack deleted] With all the stuff you dole out on this board you're too afraid to answer a simple question about the jackal missing in your scriptures.

:rolleyes:
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
Pathetic troll!

I figured this is what you were leading up to behind all your false niceties. by the way, if you believe I've exhibited troll like behavior in this thread I would encourage you to report it to the moderators. I do not believe that you are accurate in your assessment.

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Philo Sofee wrote:He's over in my thread on the fine tuning of the universe ignoring the problem and pretending to converse.

You guys sure pay a lot of attention to me and follow me around. I feel rather honored. :wink:

For "pretending to converse" I think I did rather well at expressing myself. And I have to say, so did you on occasion!

Regards,
MG
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

mentalgymnast wrote:You guys sure pay a lot of attention to me and follow me around. I feel rather honored. :wink:

For "pretending to converse" I think I did rather well at expressing myself. And I have to say, so did you on occasion!

Regards,
MG

Who is following you around? You yourself started this thread to engage Shulem.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:[personal attack deleted]

I purposefully left this thread once you started doing the pejorative thingy. I'm sure that you've been having fun without me.

You do remember...long ago and far away...I had a question. You asked me to start a new thread and ask the question. This I did. I appreciated your answer. And that was it. Why do you want to bring me back in and tie a rope around my neck?

Regards,
MG
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:[personal attack deleted]

I purposefully left this thread once you started doing the pejorative thingy. I'm sure that you've been having fun without me.

You do remember...long ago and far away...I had a question. You asked me to start a new thread and ask the question. This I did. I appreciated your answer. And that was it. Why do you want to bring me back in and tie a rope around my neck?

Regards,
MG[/quote]

A drive by shooting question from you started this thread, [personal attack deleted]. Joseph Smith was an idiot.

I asked a simple question. 1-10?

You can't handle it. You won't handle it.