Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubi

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Huh. If you open it up and zoom in you can really make out an animal's head:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:That where there are chisel marks there could've been another ear. If you look at many depictions of Anubis the chisel marks appear to have chipped something out of that spot.

We are going to require the expertise of artists and wood engravers. I can see this matter is going to get complicated. The tricks of the trade are known by the experts who ultimately can unravel this mystery. LDS apologists will not be able to easily dismiss this. I'm sure they will find it just as curious when they learn about it. It's not good news for the church, at all.

I can imagine this news will get around fast.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Let's not forget both figures utilize the empire waist style. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

- Doc

Hoho! Niiiiiiiiice catch as well.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:We are going to require the expertise of artists and wood engravers. I can see this matter is going to get complicated. The tricks of the trade are known by the experts who ultimately can unravel this mystery. LDS apologists will not be able to easily dismiss this. I'm sure they will find it just as curious when they learn about it. It's not good news for the church, at all.

It already has. John Gee just called me and said he phoned Ritner and asked him about it, and Ritner has now agreed that, after discussing the proof that this woodcut came from the *fourth* scroll, that is now missing, Gee has a solid refutation. You are simply out to lunch with this and Ritner has now asked Gee to baptize him. :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:John Gee just called me and said he phoned Ritner and asked him about it

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Chap wrote:That spike on top of the figure's head is the key.

I have always thought it looked weird, but once the parallel with the profile of Anubis with the single ear is seen (combined with the inscription over the figure), the implication is hard to avoid. Congratulations to Shulem for bringing this up.

I found another ear. It appears a single ear is all it takes to prove it's really Anubis in Facsimile No. 3.

_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Shulem
We are going to require the expertise of artists and wood engravers. I can see this matter is going to get complicated. The tricks of the trade are known by the experts who ultimately can unravel this mystery. LDS apologists will not be able to easily dismiss this. I'm sure they will find it just as curious when they learn about it. It's not good news for the church, at all.

It already has. John Gee just called me and said he phoned Ritner and asked him about it, and Ritner has now agreed that, after discussing the proof that this woodcut came from the *fourth* scroll, that is now missing, Gee has a solid refutation. You are simply out to lunch with this and Ritner has now asked Gee to baptize him. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hrm... Googling one-eared Anoobs:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

So, you get the point. Shulem really zeroed in on something here.

- Doc