Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubi

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:So, you get the point. Shulem really zeroed in on something here.

- Doc

Yes, but the full animal jackal with a single ear is common. It's Anubis in human form with a jackal head and single ear that is rare. As far as I can tell the only ones in existence are ones dating to the period of the Joseph Smith papyri. Had the church never published those high definition photos of the woodcuts we would not be having this discussion today.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

ATTENTION:

I, Shulem, have determined that the head on the original papyrus of the so-called Egyptian priest (who is really Anubis) in Facsimile No. 1: Fig. 3, was in fact missing from the original papyrus that the Mormons purchased in Kirtland from Chandler. I now believe there was no head whereby Reuben Hedlock could copy into the woodcut of Facsimile No. 1.

How did I come to this conclusion? The relief wood cut of Facsimile No. 1 proves that the skin of the person thereon was totally black as indicated by the high relief cut in the wood for the skin which transfers solid black ink onto the paper for publishing, areas to include: Feet, legs, back, shoulder, arm.

But notice that the face of the No. 3 personage in Facsimile No. 1 is not black! The relief carving is for a white person whereby when ink is applied to the wood a white face will appear. This contradicts everything whereby the body (feet, legs, arm, back. and shoulder) is a black person but the head is a white person!

I see now that Joseph Smith didn't know what he was doing and that the head really was missing on the original papyrus of Facsimile No. 1. This is another nail in the coffin, folks.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

You might want to have Nightlion give this a once over.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
You might want to have Nightlion give this a once over.

moksha & Nightlion:

Based on what you see in the enlarged woodcut plate, do you sense that there was a jackal nose originally carved and afterward removed? Which way do you tend to lean knowing what you know right now? On a scale of 1-10: 1 being there is no way there was a nose and 10 being there was most certainly a nose.

[ ] 1 (definitely no)
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10 (definitely yes)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Shulem wrote:ATTENTION:

I, Shulem, have determined that the head on the original papyrus of the so-called Egyptian priest (who is really Anubis) in Facsimile No. 1: Fig. 3, was in fact missing from the original papyrus that the Mormons purchased in Kirtland from Chandler. I now believe there was no head whereby Reuben Hedlock could copy into the woodcut of Facsimile No. 1.

How did I come to this conclusion? The relief wood cut of Facsimile No. 1 proves that the skin of the person thereon was totally black as indicated by the high relief cut in the wood for the skin which transfers solid black ink onto the paper for publishing, areas to include: Feet, legs, back, shoulder, arm.

But notice that the face of the No. 3 personage in Facsimile No. 1 is not black! The relief carving is for a white person whereby when ink is applied to the wood a white face will appear. This contradicts everything whereby the body (feet, legs, arm, back. and shoulder) is a black person but the head is a white person!

I see now that Joseph Smith didn't know what he was doing and that the head really was missing on the original papyrus of Facsimile No. 1. This is another nail in the coffin, folks.

The woodcut relief carving for the head of Fig. 6 of Facsimile No. 3 is totally consistent with the rest of the body whereby printer's ink applied to the high relief produces a totally black person! This means that Joseph Smith and Reuben Hedlock must have known that the figure in Facsimile No. 3 was that of a black man! But that was not the case of the black man in Facsimile No. 1 wherein they failed to produce a black head.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

My image is too big to post. You can find it in the link.

https://i.imgur.com/q6hQ3k8.jpg

I’d put it at 8 or 9 as well. What has me convinced is the the way the wood has a distinct ridge in the shape of a V. It’s the only place on the entire carving that has this ridge. The rest of the carving has long flat chisel marks that move in a uniformed direction. This is the only place on the carving that breaks this feature and oh, by the way, it would fit a snout quite conveniently.

Many thanks Shulem. And thank you MG for allowing such a wonderful discovery to once again prove your religion is founded on the fraudulent works of Joe Smith.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_abinadi_fire
_Emeritus

Post by _abinadi_fire »

Interesting find, Paul. Of course we shouldn’t expect Smith to leave a jackal’s head in a “restored” story about Abraham.

The theory that Smith tore off and disposed of the scraps that are now lacunae may not necessarily be harmful to his cause - imagine the prophet with righteous indignation uttering oaths about scheming, evil Egyptian scribes replacing Abraham’s original message with stories of jackal-headed false gods! - as he rightfully and carefully disposes of the disintegrating fibers torn from the papyrus.

Then, turning to his stone, asks of the Lord to reveal the original and oh! aren’t we thankful for a prophet?

Paul - did any of the Smiths place names with the mummies that the scrolls accompanied? Certainly not “Hor, justified,” but did he claim the bodies were those of any of the patriarchs?
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Sanctorian wrote:My image is too big to post. You can find it in the link.

I’d put it at 8 or 9 as well. What has me convinced is the the way the wood has a distinct ridge in the shape of a V. It’s the only place on the entire carving that has this ridge. The rest of the carving has long flat chisel marks that move in a uniformed direction. This is the only place on the carving that breaks this feature and oh, by the way, it would fit a snout quite conveniently.

Many thanks Shulem. And thank you MG for allowing such a wonderful discovery to once again prove your religion is founded on the fraudulent works of Joe Smith.

Yup. OK. Looking at that image, it is clear that something case been cut off the front of the face of that figure. No-one trying to depict a human head from the start would produce a shape like that.

In any case, we already know this is Anubis, because:

1. The label says he is.

2. The figure is black, like Anubis.

3. Anubis is usually present in that position in 'presentation of the dead' scenes like this.

4. That weird ear on top of the head is not human, but dog-like.

The new point that Shulem is bringing up is that it seems likely that the original wood-cut, like the original papyrus illustration, did show dog-headed Anubis, but at some stage it was decided to cut off the snout to make him look more 'human']. But they couldn't change the blackness (hence 'a waiter'), label or the context.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sanctorian wrote:My image is too big to post. You can find it in the link.

Indeed, although we are inexperienced in the practical art of engraving using 19th century woodworking techniques, our eyes are able to pick up obvious traces and patterns which indicate that something was chiseled out. The V shape is indicative of a nose and the 5 vertical notches or strokes in a row therein seem to have been mathematically produced by the intentional mechanical action of a sharp instrument in the hands of a skilled craftsman, Reuben Hedlock. All of this seems to indicate that there was something removed from the original design crafted by Hedlock. This of course, would have been approved by his supervisor, Joseph Smith.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

abinadi_fire wrote:Interesting find, Paul. Of course we shouldn’t expect Smith to leave a jackal’s head in a “restored” story about Abraham.

The theory that Smith tore off and disposed of the scraps that are now lacunae may not necessarily be harmful to his cause - imagine the prophet with righteous indignation uttering oaths about scheming, evil Egyptian scribes replacing Abraham’s original message with stories of jackal-headed false gods! - as he rightfully and carefully disposes of the disintegrating fibers torn from the papyrus.

Then, turning to his stone, asks of the Lord to reveal the original and oh! aren’t we thankful for a prophet?

Paul - did any of the Smiths place names with the mummies that the scrolls accompanied? Certainly not “Hor, justified,” but did he claim the bodies were those of any of the patriarchs?

Thank you, abinadi_fire for your interest. Indeed, a jackal head in the restored story of Facsimile No. 1 would be be odd. But what's really odd is there is the head of a white man atop the body of a black man. This is another major blunder committed by Joseph Smith that I failed to see earlier although it was right in front of my eyes in black and white (no pun intended).

Now we have:

Facsimile No. 3

1. Identifies Isis as a man king
2. Identifies Osiris as Abraham
3. Identifies Maat as a boy
4. Identifies Hor as a waiter
5. Identifies Anubis as a slave

Facsimile No. 1

1. Identifies Anubis as a king's priest
2. Identifies Hor as Abraham
3. Put's a white man's head on a black man's body

The list goes on and on to include introducing hieroglyphic characters upside down in Facsimile No. 2. in the lacunae.