Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Mormon Stories Podcast

Post by Shulem »

The Book of Abraham Translation Evidence w/ The Backyard Professor

This is for the record book where the Backyard Professor calls out the missing snout of Anubis in this video clip:

Missing Snout

Yeah baby!!!!!
Moksha
God

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

Post by Moksha »

Do the apologists hold that the ear atop the slave's head was a recessive genetic trait from Kolob?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:35 am
Do the apologists hold that the ear atop the slave's head was a recessive genetic trait from Kolob?

My memory seems to recall the apologists not making much of the "spike" thing whereby they were too stupid to put 2 + 2 together and come up with 4. The apologists were never able to reason which much intelligence because their sole soul interest was to protect the Church and score points for their own vain egos.

But things have changed. Book of Abraham critics today are all grown up and we've gone through the process and the ringer. We don't care about points and our egos don't matter. We want to come clear. We want others to come clear. Right, Philo?

The playing field now contains expert Book of Abraham critics that aren't going to take bull and we've combined our forces to produce an amazing effect. The Book of Abraham is dying. It's on its deathbed as we speak.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Daniel Peterson wrote:
Sigh.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No surprise. No real substance in his sigh either, but what else have we ever gotten on this papyri/facsimile/BofAbr issue? He is very wise to let the professionals take the fall and not go over the cliff with Gee, Muhlestein, Rhodes, and Nibley. You need to stay on top of the 734 foot high cliff Daniel, you need to give the funeral closing prayer.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:20 am
Moksha wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:35 am

My memory seems to recall the apologists not making much of the "spike" thing whereby they were too stupid to put 2 + 2 together and come up with 4. The apologists were never able to reason which much intelligence because their sole soul interest was to protect the Church and score points for their own vain egos.
I recall one or two of them calling it a “horn”. -_-

Explain to me again why a slave would have a HORN on top of his head? I dunno. I swear as long as they say words and print those words, which mostly go unread by believers anyway, it’s mission accomplished for TBMs in need of someone saying words.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Let us bow our heads
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:08 am
Shulem wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:20 am

I recall one or two of them calling it a “horn”. -_-

Explain to me again why a slave would have a HORN on top of his head? I dunno. I swear as long as they say words and print those words, which mostly go unread by believers anyway, it’s mission accomplished for TBMs in need of someone saying words.

- Doc

Wow, just wow, apologists dismiss an earless man with a horn atop his head having an oversized eyeball that looks like it's about to pop out as just another poor black slave hobbles into the the king's court like a fool or jester. Look at the ugly black man! (*) It's par for the course because Mormons are certainly on record for considering blacks to be less than whites and therefore undeserving of basic rights and blessings afforded to the white and delightsome folks of Mormonism.

Yeah, just chalk it up to a horn on the head as a leftover curse of Cain. But now we see the apologists had it wrong in everything they ever said or thought about the character of Fig. 6. They were always wrong and failed to understand what was going on. The inspiration and explanations given by Mormon apologists was a complete failure and an utter abomination. That seems to be the end result of the so-called Spirit of the Lord. The apologists and their misguided Spirit were wrong. We can prove that now with absolute certainty and it's richly rewarding for the critics. We win!! And we should gloat. Why not? Heck, it's been a long time coming.

That is no horn! It's an ear. Amen and amen!!

* -cp-

Sorry about that, cp. I got carried away...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Special thanks to Dan Vogel for mentioning the the hacked out snout in a recent Mormonism Live podcast. The clip can be viewed here for a couple of minutes:

Mormonism LIVE: "Get Rid of the Facsimiles!" says Faithful Mormon Scholar

Vogel has a couple of cute chuckles.

:lol:
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Shulem wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:00 pm
Special thanks to Dan Vogel for mentioning the the hacked out snout in a recent Mormonism Live podcast. The clip can be viewed here for a couple of minutes:

Glad you were there, Paul.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

dan vogel wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:29 am
Shulem wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:00 pm

Glad you were there, Paul.
Yeah that was yet again another session I wouldn't miss for anything. All this is just so awesome to be experiencing!