Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubi

Post by _Shulem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Well Shulem, I think we now know what the official Mopologist position on Facsimile 3 is going to be and you are not going to believe this.

I hope you are sitting down right now. Robert Smith just explained that the figure was wearing an Anubis mask, but Joseph took the mask off? What...The...Freak...

Mormon apologists are so used to lying that they can't get their story straight or carry on a logical conversation but will twist, turn, and pervert in every sentence they spew from their lying lips. This includes Robert Smith, one who will lie for the Lord just as quick as any other Mopologist that peddles garbage. The person in Facsimile No. 3 is NOT wearing a head mask. The person in Facsimile No. 3 is not of this world -- nor is he mortal but he is the immortal god himself, Anubis in company with other gods. There is no head mask to take off. He *IS* the god!

We can be sure that the snout was hacked out. The snout is gone but the jackal eye and the jackal nose remain intact and serve as a testimony immemorial to the divine figure in Facsimile No. 3 whom Joseph Smith desecrated for his own evil purposes.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:

Well Shulem, I think we now know what the official Mopologist position on Facsimile 3 is going to be and you are not going to believe this.

I hope you are sitting down right now. Robert Smith just explained that the figure was wearing an Anubis mask, but Joseph took the mask off? What...The...Freak...

Robert Smith wrote:One might even see remnants of the teeth of that jackal-god (of course it was merely a priest wearing an Anubis mask).
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/719 ... if-so-why/

I honestly thought I had seen it all.

lol, Everybody Wang Chung, I read that yesterday, and almost pasted it here also, but then I thought the Smith guy must be a critic making fun of the others...is he serious?

Unbelievable...
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Robert F. Smith wrote:ʼInpw (Anubis) is “Master of Jackals” (Dhu Tanni in Late Bronze Northwest Semitic), and practically indistinguishable from Wp-WЗwt, “Opener of the Ways” (= “key”?; cf. also Isaiah 22:22 for key-on-shoulder as a symbol of authority). Anubis is also Hry-sštЗ, “Master of the Mysteries,” i.e., “religious secrets” (štЗw), śr dЗdЗt, “Magistrate of the Tribunal” (Pyramid Text 1713a), presides over sh-ntr, “The God’s Booth, council-chamber” (Pyramid Texts 1295,1364,1909,2012; cf. the lower register of Fac. 3), commands the deceased king to ascend and descend as a star (the Morning Star; Pyramid Texts 357,871,929,935, 1364, 1707), and is the perfect choice to preside at a sacrifice (Pyramid Texts 157,590,811d,1286). Note the following from Pyramid Text 1287 (following Faulkner):

Your eyes have been given to you as your two uraei
because you are Wepwawet who is on his standard
and Anubis who presides over the God’s Booth.

Thus, one can see Anubis as the symbol through which esoteric powers are transmitted, and a symbol of offering and sacrificial formulae (Pyramid Texts 745,806-807; cf. Fac. 1:3,6).

The above was an entire post from Robert Smith and the purpose of the post is to???

It's supposed to show everybody else how wonderfully informed he is and that he knows a lot about Egypt. But you'll note that it does nothing, absolutely nothing, to defend Joseph Smith's desecration of the papyrus or the fact that a snout has been hacked out.

I'm shaking in my boots!

:lol:

All glory and power to the gods of Egypt! Great and wonderful is Anubis the great jackal god! Cursed be Joseph Smith for desecrating his image and divine title.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The Nehor wrote:To conceal the map concealed within that would lead us to the lost ark.

Mutilating and defacing the image of another religion's god is just fine with you, right?

The founding prophet of Mormonism lied to you, The Nehor. You took the bait and you're hooked. You're just stupid.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Shulem wrote:The person designated as No. 6 in Facsimile No. 3 as published by the church in the Times and Seasons is reduced to the level of a slave.

In all fairness to the Saints, they were not reducing Anubis to slave status because he was an Egyptian God, but rather the Saints assigned him slave status because he was drawn in black ink on the papyrus. Big difference. One motive shows religious disrespect and the other shows racism.

It's reasonable to think that the saints easily accepted the idea that the black person in Facsimile No. 3 was a slave simply because he was black and everyone and their dog knows that blacks are slaves. So . . . .

Seriously though, you also have to consider the black person in Facsimile No. 1 -- you know, the guy with a BLACK BODY and a white head, the white head is compliments from the Mormons. He wasn't labeled a slave but a priest. So . . .

The depiction of the reconstructed head in Facsimile No. 1 is just stupid. It's about as wrong as anything could ever be and the Mormons have been embracing that ridiculous image with total acceptance. But what if the coin was reversed? What if we did a little flip-flop to prove a point? Imagine if you will the Figure in Facsimile No. 1 having a white body and a black man's head! Wouldn't that look stupid? Would the Mormons approve that reconstruction? So why do the Mormons approve a reconstruction of a white man's head atop a black man's body?

Stupid damned Mormons.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Funny,

I followed your link yesterday and viewed the comments, and I just tried again and I am banned? Did they actually maybe read this and run ip address's to find my sock puppet, that I have had for years, and re-ban me?
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Robert F. Smith wrote:The Jewish scribe copying and passing on the Book of Abraham is merely adapting to his own needs a common ancient Egyptian religious scene. Each character or icon is reinterpreted to fit the Book of Abraham story.

That statement is utter BS. The world body of Egyptologists will most certainly disagree. You are making stuff up in order to defend Joseph Smith's lies. Smith was claiming to directly translate papyrus which is nothing more than sacred Egyptian religious spells -- not reinterpretations of silly Jews borrowing or adopting concepts and images from a religion based on idolatry. Those are sacred and authentic records of the Egyptians and are wholly Egyptian in content and form. You, Robert F. Smith, are cracked in the head. Do you smoke crack? You, sir, are freaking stupid!

What's the king's name? How do you spell "SHULEM" in Egyptian?

Joseph Smith was peddling garbage and your statement, Robert F. Smith, adds to his garbage. You're polluting the earth with more filth and lies. Just stop it. Enough is enough. Have you no shame?

Stupid damned Mormons!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Markk wrote:Funny,

I followed your link yesterday and viewed the comments, and I just tried again and I am banned? Did they actually maybe read this and run ip address's to find my sock puppet, that I have had for years, and re-ban me?

Could be. I don't know.

The Mormons will do anything to defend and preserve Joseph Smith's lies. They will cheat, steal, and lie for the Lord.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Shulem wrote:
Robert F. Smith wrote:The Jewish scribe copying and passing on the Book of Abraham is merely adapting to his own needs a common ancient Egyptian religious scene. Each character or icon is reinterpreted to fit the Book of Abraham story.

That statement is utter BS. The world body of Egyptologists will most certainly disagree. You are making stuff up in order to defend Joseph Smith's lies. Smith was claiming to directly translate papyrus which is nothing more than sacred Egyptian religious spells -- not reinterpretations of silly Jews borrowing or adopting concepts and images from a religion based on idolatry. Those are sacred and authentic records of the Egyptians and are wholly Egyptian in content and form. You, Robert F. Smith, are cracked in the head. Do you smoke crack? You, sir, are freaking stupid!

What's the king's name? How do you spell "SHULEM" in Egyptian?

Joseph Smith was peddling garbage and your statement, Robert F. Smith, adds to his garbage. You're polluting the earth with more filth and lies. Just stop it. Enough is enough. Have you no shame?

Stupid damned Mormons!

Robert is not being honest with the evidence here. He provides zero evidence of Jewish scribes and he does not address the text. Fac 3 is more then just iconography being adapted and reinterpreted for a new use. It Has TEXT with it. You don't use the same TEXT if you are going to reinterpret the images for a new use. You use NEW TEXT to describe your new use of the images. It's stupidity in the extreme to suggest you are going to reinterpret text for a new use here. Since new text is not used it is obvious the person who created the document was not a Jewish scribe or meant to tell any other story then the one about Hor.

And fac 2 also has some TEXT telling us what it is used for, which has nothing to do with Abraham. Fac 1 was rediscovered with a crap load of TEXT explaining fac 1 and the real story going on, which also has zero to do with Abraham. Robert is afraid to confront these issues other then on a forum that will protect him.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Themis wrote:
Robert is not being honest with the evidence here. He provides zero evidence of Jewish scribes and he does not address the text. Fac 3 is more then just iconography being adapted and reinterpreted for a new use. It Has TEXT with it. You don't use the same TEXT if you are going to reinterpret the images for a new use. You use NEW TEXT to describe your new use of the images. It's stupidity in the extreme to suggest you are going to reinterpret text for a new use here. Since new text is not used it is obvious the person who created the document was not a Jewish scribe or meant to tell any other story then the one about Hor.

And fac 2 also has some TEXT telling us what it is used for, which has nothing to do with Abraham. Fac 1 was rediscovered with a crap load of TEXT explaining fac 1 and the real story going on, which also has zero to do with Abraham. Robert is afraid to confront these issues other then on a forum that will protect him.

Well said, Themis. Well said.

Robert baby, come over to Mormon Discussions so Shulem can kick your ass!

:twisted:

You so need to have your ass kicked!