The Problem is the Patriarchy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: The Problem is the Patriarchy

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:But if enough of these progressives abandoned their false dreams and complicity with evil to step out and do their own thing, . . .

What does "doing their own thing" whilst simultaneously avoiding excommunication look like?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:But if enough of these progressives abandoned their false dreams and complicity with evil to step out and do their own thing, . . .

What does "doing their own thing" whilst simultaneously avoiding excommunication look like?

Right. My question exactly.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Cwald, were you particularly vocal when you were called into Church court? It didn’t really seem like you were. What were they specifically upset with you for?
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _cwald »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:Cwald, were you particularly vocal when you were called into Church court? It didn’t really seem like you were. What were they specifically upset with you for?

Thank you for asking.

I got ran out of the LDS church after General Conference Fall 2010, when the 14 Fundamentals of the Prophet and Oaks Two lines of Priesthood got delivered on the same day.

I was an Elders Quorum president, Sunday school president and scout master at the time and pretty well rejected these teachings point blank and was quite open about it. These talks represent the very worst that religion has to offer and I was very open about it.

This accumulated into discussions about Prop 8 which I had publicly opposed and it was used against me to the point where I was actually accused of being a homosexual. No s*** that's a fact.

The church used Facebook and emails to my family which were made available to Holland by my Stake President brother when he stayed up in Cache Valley at his house about my associations with John Dehlins and the MS Portland group and stayLDS website as evidence that I belong to an apostate groups. That is correct, stay lds.com was used as evidence of my apostasy.

My stake president brother was directed by Elder Holland to contact my stake president and I was released from all my callings and Temple recommend revoked on the spot because of my associations with John Dehlin.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:What does "doing their own thing" whilst simultaneously avoiding excommunication look like?

Excommunication is among the consequences I alluded to. I would not even think to mention it because it is so obvious.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Water Dog wrote:Is there a link to the original post from from Gina Colvin?

Unfortunately, no.

Here is the bit I am reacting to:

The only hope is found in a mass, collective lament where we cry and mourn the loss of Mormonism's possibilities infected as it has been by the stench of patriarchy. I feel deeply that whatever grief and anger we are feeling in response is holy and God-given. Anyone who tells us that we aren't entitled to our lament and that we are sinning in our grief is not speaking with a heart full of God.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

If the LDS church accepts and teaches the "The 14 Fundamentals of Following the Prophet" as reread in GC Oct 2010, and printed in the the Ensign, than it's all a mute point. Game over. There is no defense to this cult teaching. It represents the worst of the worst religion has to offer.

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:Excommunication is among the consequences I alluded to. I would not even think to mention it because it is so obvious.

In that case, those who believe it's the true church fear excommunication and won't heed your call to arms, while those who believe it's NOT the true church don't care enough about it to heed your call to arms.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:In that case, those who believe it's the true church fear excommunication and won't heed your call to arms, while those who believe it's NOT the true church don't care enough about it to heed your call to arms.

Excommunication did not stop the Snufferites!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

cwald wrote:If the LDS church accepts and teaches the "The 14 Fundamentals of Following the Prophet" as reread in GC Oct 2010, and printed in the the Ensign, than it's all a mute point. Game over. There is no defense to this cult teaching. It represents the worst of the worst religion has to offer.

Indeed!