TR revoked for #metoo apostasy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: TR revoked for #metoo apostasy

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

“Disagree with me all you want, but to not follow council direction from your priesthood leaders there's a name for that that' called apostasy,” the stake president said.

“I’d like you to reevaluate how you feel about this and whether you can support me as the stake president and your bishop and if you can’t, Tiercy were going to convene a disciplinary council,” the stake president concluded. Hadlock says her ongoing divorce was leading to depression, and after this meeting, she felt worse than when she entered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God forbid someone lean on others in their extended social circle to get through a rough time. No wonder the LDS church tried to pass legislation recently that would've outlawed this woman recording that dotard. This is what you get when you stick untrained assholes into leadership positions.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:r/exmo say if be savannah's stek pres

Yep.

This IS the same stake and chapel that the Savannah's testimony issue came up in. The lady involved is one of Savannah's neighbors and a supporter of gay rights.

I wonder if that's a coincidence?

Going to the press about losing a temple recommend (since when was that news?) is starting to smack of retribution against the SP.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

JLHPROF wrote:Yep.

This IS the same stake and chapel that the Savannah's testimony issue came up in. The lady involved is one of Savannah's neighbors and a supporter of gay rights.

I wonder if that's a coincidence?

Going to the press about losing a temple recommend (since when was that news?) is starting to smack of retribution against the stake president.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

This sister is victimized by her stake president by taking her temple recommend and threatening her membership for not being quiet.

But the stake president should be viewed as the victim when she went public?

Too much wrong with that to dismantle right now.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

I would have simply refused to turn in the recommend. What’s he going to do? Physically remove it from her? He tries and she slaps a suit for assault on him in a quick hurry.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _JLHPROF »

consiglieri wrote:I have to disagree with you on this one.

This sister is victimized by her stake president by taking her temple recommend and threatening her membership for not being quiet.

But the stake president should be viewed as the victim when she went public?

Too much wrong with that to dismantle right now.

I don't doubt that this sister had a disagreement with the SP. The documents and emails confirm it. The fact that the removal of a temple recommend makes news in the local press is the coincidence I don't believe. The same stake and same chapel as made news just a while back with Savannah's story? Possibly the same SP?

Seems unlikely that both would make the news.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:I would have simply refused to turn in the recommend. What’s he going to do? Physically remove it from her? He tries and she slaps a suit for assault on him in a quick hurry.

Isn’t that all computerized now? Does he have to take the physical recommend? Or can he just flag it as invalid?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Yeah, who knew the Stake led by a huge power tripping moron might make the news twice???

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:I would have simply refused to turn in the recommend. What’s he going to do? Physically remove it from her? He tries and she slaps a suit for assault on him in a quick hurry.

Isn’t that all computerized now? Does he have to take the physical recommend? Or can he just flag it as invalid?

Depends on the temple.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So the lady is not permitted to share her concerns with her own faith community?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Jersey Girl wrote:So the lady is not permitted to share her concerns with her own faith community?

You can read the justification of the Stake President yourself and see if you think he was wrong.

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/index.php?title=File:2017-01-16-Follow_up.pdf