TR revoked for #metoo apostasy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: TR revoked for #metoo apostasy

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I mean. What would expect him to write? That apology is about as good as it's going to get.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I mean. What would expect him to write? That apology is about as good as it's going to get.

- Doc

Fair, as a SP, he is just a cog following orders.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Meadowchik wrote:24:50
Stake President's words, from the Mormonleaks audio,

"Your temple recommend was not taken away because you disagreed with a decision we made. And I'm the one who took the temple recommend away, so I know why we took your temple recommend. We took your temple recommend away because you emphatically said you would not stop talking about this with other people. That is the singular reason for which your temple recommend was taken away."

Which part of the temple recommend questions does she fail?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

I have a question wrote:

"Your temple recommend was not taken away because you disagreed with a decision we made. And I'm the one who took the temple recommend away, so I know why we took your temple recommend. We took your temple recommend away because you emphatically said you would not stop talking about this with other people. That is the singular reason for which your temple recommend was taken away."

He said her disobedience represented apostasy. The failing system does not tolerate dissent that's not faith-affirming.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I have a question wrote:

What Medowchik said.

Obedience and fealty is foundation in the modern LDS church. Just like the current idiot we have as a president demands , one must follow direction of church leadership regardless. Obedience Trumps truth.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/politics ... olitics%29

Washington (CNN)The ex-wives of Rob Porter, a White House aide who recently resigned over domestic abuse allegations, say they have received letters of apology from Porter's old boss, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who previously defended his former staffer as a "decent man."

"It was a sincere apology for pain he may have caused us," Jennie Willoughby, Porter's second ex-wife, told CNN.

The Daily Mail first published allegations of physical and mental abuse from his ex-wives, and included a statement from Hatch vigorously defending Porter, saying "it's incredibly discouraging to see such a vile attack on such a decent man."

At the same time, Hatch's office blasted out a different statement that said Hatch was "heartbroken" by the allegations. Hatch still described his interactions with Porter as "professional" and "respectful," but said "domestic violence in any form is abhorrent."

In the letter, Willoughby said Hatch "reiterated his explanation as to why his statement changed between the two Daily Mail articles."

Willoughby declined to share the letter, but said Hatch explained that he "was unaware of the nature of the article and was under the impression political enemies were mounting an attack against Rob, which is why he released the first statement to the White House."

Colbie Holderness, Porter's first ex-wife, confirmed to CNN that she also received a letter from Hatch.

"I appreciate his apology," she said.

Well. That's nice.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I got kicked off the thread on MD@D...knew that I would...but enjoyed every ..... minute of it.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

candygal wrote:I got kicked off the thread on MD@D...knew that I would...but enjoyed every ..... minute of it.

Awesome! Do you have a link?
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _moksha »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
candygal wrote:I got kicked off the thread on MD@D...knew that I would...but enjoyed every ..... minute of it.

Awesome! Do you have a link?

Extra ditto on the link.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I don't how..(embarrassed) to do the link thing. But the thread is still running..I got bumped off on my response to Kiwi on page 15.