You don't need Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

You don't need Jesus

Post by _Shulem »

You don't need Jesus to tell you what to do. Decide for yourself what you want and how you want to do it. It's your will be done, not Jew-Jesus! Don't allow an imaginary Jew or cultish church to decide your life. That's just stupid and it's turning your life over to an imaginary character, the head of the Christian cult run by priests and men who love to control you and take your money.

You don't need Jesus to be forgiven for doing something wrong. If you've done something wrong then stop doing it and make things right. But don't thirst after Jesus' blood or dwell about him bleeding in a garden crying his heart out to his imaginary god and then bleeding atop a cross because you did something wrong. That's just utter nonsense. You don't need bloody Jesus to make your life right. Give up Jesus and shake off the Christian chains that bind you down and lead you in a manner in which you refuse to take responsibility for your own nasty mistakes thinking you can hand them off to someone else - namely a Neanderthalic looking greasy creep by the name of Jesus.

I'm so thankful that Jesus is not in my life! Bloody Jesus gives me the willies and the idea of his blood and sacrificial rituals required by his so-called father makes me ill. Away with the Bible, too -- it's a nasty book full of lies and false stories.

I feel better now. :wink:
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Re: You don't need Jesus

Post by _JLHPROF »

You may not need Jesus, but I definitely do. Those who don't want Jesus' atonement are under no obligation to partake.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

JLHPROF wrote:You may not need Jesus, but I definitely do.

:eek:

Why?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

JLHPROF wrote:You may not need Jesus, but I definitely do.
Those who don't want Jesus' atonement are under no obligation to partake.

There is no "may" about it. I don't need Jesus, period. I'm my own person and my own man. I don't need a figurative imaginary Jew to rescue me from my own life. But you seem too need such a thing. Can't you just own up to your own life and be responsible? When you do something wrong, make amends, apologize where needed, and set things right and become a better person all by yourself. Quit trying to hand off your wrongs to Jesus as if his bloody suffering is what it takes to make his father forgive you. You don't need either Jesus or his father to be forgiven. Start by forgiving yourself and making whatever amends are needed to make things right. All will be well. Forget about the blood dripping from Jesus' pores and his execution on a cross as a requirement for you to be forgiven by an imaginary god. All that is madness and barbaric ancient torture created by Bible prophets and a blood thirty Bible god.

Get out of the cult! Wake up! Step into the future, your future.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

JLHPROF wrote:Those who don't want Jesus' atonement are under no obligation to partake.

The Book of Mormon is pretty explicit in stating that those who refuse to partake of the Christian atonement will suffer the wrath of hell. The Book of Mormon teaches quite plainly that we must partake of the atonement or we will suffer terribly at the hand of god before his judgment seat. The Book of Mormon doesn't provide an optional atonement for mankind but all mankind are commanded to partake of the atonement and are under obligation to do so or suffer at the hands of Christian god.

Think about that. Your religion threatens everyone who refuses to partake of it with death and hell. Your religion threatens me with pain, suffering, death, misery, and god knows what else for my refusing to bow down and partake of the atonement. Just read the scriptures if you don't believe me. It's not a pretty picture for us unbelievers. Your Book of Mormon assaults everyone who rejects its message. The Book of Mormon is criminal in nature! It's a crime against humanity!
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

If God exists, he certainly didn't need a blood sacrifice prior to being able to forgive his children. The God I imagine always had the power to forgive .... it seems obvious that he would.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Why does anyone need Jesus?

What specifically does he do for you?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Exiled wrote:If God exists, he certainly didn't need a blood sacrifice prior to being able to forgive his children. The God I imagine always had the power to forgive .... it seems obvious that he would.

Exiled,

I think it is well within Christian thought to say that God has the power to forgive. He does not need blood to enable that. He also has the power to choose when forgiveness is appropriate or just when he is going to forgive or not forgive.

"Stalin ,you are forgiven. Easily said, not so easy for it to be real. It reminds me of a marvelous scene in movie Schindlers List. The camp commander is looking in the mirror going through the motions of giving himself absolution. He may sense it is hollow.

Now you and I are unlike those people. It probably is much easier to forgive me for the time I stuck my gum under my chair in third grade. Perhaps there is a more significant question about my adult faults however.

(I am more than a little sure that blood itself is not the basis for forgiving anything.)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:I think it is well within Christian thought to say that God has the power to forgive

Christians regard the teachings of the Bible to be authoritative doctrine pertaining to God's power to forgive. Other than what's in the scriptures, anything else are the mere thoughts of any bloke walking the street. The scriptures are conclusive that without blood there is no forgiveness of sins, period. The Old and New Testaments rely upon blood in order to obtain any forgiveness from Bible god.

huckelberry wrote:(I am more than a little sure that blood itself is not the basis for forgiving anything.)

Blood is indeed the basis in which Bible god forgives. Without the shedding of blood there could be no forgiveness. Blood and suffering are key ingredients. Read the bloody Bible. It's the handbook of the Christian cult and it mandates that you drink Jesus' blood or be damned.

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins"

Etc.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Shulem, I think you confuse the power to forgive with the outward sign of the path God chose to make forgiveness reach the world.

I am well familiar with the Bible. It is true that I do not hold to the fundamentalist Protestant requirement you refer to but respect the thoughts presented in the Bible as the starting place for thought on the matter.

If you wish a Biblical description of the matter read Romans not just a fragment of Hebrews.(which refers to blood being the sign of the covenant that God makes.)