Non-consensual Immorality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Non-consensual Immorality

Post by _Water Dog »

_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Re: Non-consensual Immorality

Post by _Xenophon »

I'm certain this isn't an original thought but does this make baptisms for the dead "Non-consensual immortality"?
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Thanks WD.

From the link.

The Mormon church faced more criticism Monday about its approach to sexual abuse after a top leader praised the #MeToo movement but referred to sexual misconduct as “non-consensual immorality,” a remark that some say could be interpreted as victim blaming.

Quentin L. Cook, a member of a top church governing body, made the comment this weekend in the only mention of the topic during a two-day Mormon conference despite the church facing heavy scrutiny over accusations that a former prominent missionary leader sexually assaulted two women in the 1980s.

Cook was giving a speech about righteousness Sunday, days after The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced updated guidelines for reporting sexual abuse.

“It is commendable that non-consensual immorality has been exposed and denounced,” said Cook, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “Such non-consensual immorality is against the laws of God and of society.

More spin from an institution trying to avoid describing what Bishop did as assault.

He obviously engaged in "non-consensual immorality".

/boggle
Last edited by Guest on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

How does an intelligent elderly adult make such a huge mistake??? There needs to be a sex class for all apostles/prophets/seers and revelators.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I wonder how many women Elder Quentin L. Cook has abused in his lifetime? Were they consensual or non-consensual?

_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Shulem wrote:I wonder how many women Elder Quentin L. Cook has abused in his lifetime? Were they consensual or non-consensual?

A manual rep point from Candy gal..I know you guys don't have em...or believe em..but hey...one has to wonder at the curious and uneducated together.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Girls that are raped are dirty. They are like gum that has already been chewed. They are licked cupcakes. They have lost their chastity and their virtue.

The dirty Book of Mormon told me so:

Moroni 9:9 wrote:And notwithstanding this great abomination of the Lamanites, it doth not exceed that of our people in Moriantum. For behold, many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things, which is chastity and virtue—
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Women who are raped are weak cowards before the Lord. They have succumbed to the sins of Non-consensual Immorality and have brought shame on themselves or worse, upon the church.

Church President Heber J. Grant wrote:Also far-reaching is the effect of loss of chastity. Once given or taken or stolen it can never be regained. Even in a forced contact such as rape or incest, the injured one is greatly outraged. If she has not cooperated and contributed to the foul deed, she is of course in a more favorable position. There is no condemnation when there is no voluntary participation. It is better to die in defending one's virtue than to live having lost it without a struggle

Church President David O. McKay wrote:Your virtue is worth more than your life. Please, young folk, preserve your virtue even if you lose your lives.

Spencer W Kimball wrote:There is no true Latter-day Saint who would not rather bury a son or a daughter than to have him or her lose his or her chastity – realizing that chastity is of more value than anything else in all the world.
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

I have done my pie-chart and collected genealogical records. A cousin and I are comparing results. There may be a story to tell.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

For those interested, Cinepro started a similar thread yesterday that quickly went five pages and then was shut down.

MAD thread "Elder Cook Wins Award for Worst Euphemism Ever.
Kudos to Cinepro on the title.

The results were predictable with the same posters defending everything and anything that comes out of SLC.

SMAC is especially unable to see that defending the church as if he is it's lawyer and it is just any other organization actually does more damage than good.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."