Is the Church beginning to accept Gays and BiSexuals?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Re: Is the Church beginning to accept Gays and BiSexuals?

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Nope
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Craig Paxton wrote:Nope

Nope?

You've never had consensual gay sex? What's wrong with you? Don't you know what you're missing? I assure you, it's far better than being with a girl.

I have to think that poor ldsfaqs doeth protest too much.

:lol:
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Shulem wrote:
Craig Paxton wrote:Nope

Nope?

You've never had consensual gay sex? What's wrong with you? Don't you know what you're missing? I assure you, it's far better than being with a girl.

I have to think that poor ldsfaqs doeth protest too much.

:lol:

Yes he does, and he doesn't realize how "in the closet" it makes him look. In general, old people hate gays, young people don't. The future belongs to the young, and the church wonders why they are losing their young members, and why growth is trending downward. 50 years from now TBMs will scramble to try to hide all the crazy anti-gay doctrines of today's church the same way TBMs today try to hide the crazy racist doctrines of a few decades ago. They never learn.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

mocnarf wrote:The reason I ask is that I came across this Facebook post that seams to indicate that maybe they are:

https://www.Facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2028178217402621&set=a.1385570068330109.1073741828.100006313872614&type=3

Umm no. That is unless they live celibate and don't have any romance of the same sex.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

DarkHelmet wrote:Yes he does, and he doesn't realize how "in the closet" it makes him look. In general, old people hate gays, young people don't. The future belongs to the young, and the church wonders why they are losing their young members, and why growth is trending downward. 50 years from now TBMs will scramble to try to hide all the crazy anti-gay doctrines of today's church the same way TBMs today try to hide the crazy racist doctrines of a few decades ago. They never learn.

Yeah, I've been observing ldsfaqs for years and he definitely display signs of being in the closet. Do you suppose he is courageous enough to answer the above question with a simple yes or no? For all I know I've already asked him that question in the past and have since forgotten. I would appreciate if ldsfaqs would come back and simply say, "No, I've never had consensual gay sex". That would prove very interesting if he did do that. I don't think he will. Why? Because I think he probably has and suppresses the memory. Or I could be wrong. Just speculating.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

No.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

ldsfaqs correctly describes and represents the Mormon church's feelings, teachings and beliefs about this topic. Good job faqs! I give you an A on this one.

Edited to add: Welcome back! If you are ever in Oregon, stop by and I'll buy you beer.

ldsfaqs wrote:1. The church has never "not" accepted gays and bisexuals.
Just like they've never not accepted any other sin, weakness and perversion which is their cross to bear.

They like all others, however, are to be as Eunichs, not to act on their sins.

2. Actually, sexual orientation is a choice, and it occurs from birth.
You choose your thoughts, nourish norish, what you feel by stimulation.

It's no accident that far more gay, trans, etc. come out of single-parent households, out of Leftism, out of non-religious homes etc. It's not simply that such people otherwise are "repressing" their sexuality, it's also that they trained themselves to not embrace such sexuality, to embrace heterosexuality.

Another nail in the above claim is the shear # of people who become gay LATER, and who also go back and forth. People who actually study this subject know very well that being "born that way" is only a very small influence on whether someone becomes gay.
Yes, is it likely some perfect combination of biological factors can make someone "susceptible" to being gay, absolutely, but it is FAR more about thought, environment, experiences, etc. than biology.

There is another fact that's ignored. The vast majority were either molested or experimented while young. Many will claim they weren't, but the fact is they don't remember everything that happened to them while young. Sexual stimulation has a profound effect on the brain and sensory development, thus you can become gay and not realize you were "trained" to be that way while very young.

These are ALL facts of science and professional study's which entirely debunk the claim of "born that way". Anyone can claim this, while the Left doesn't like the comparison, it's sexual attraction, so it's 100% valid. Pedophiles will tell you the exact same thing. They were born that way.

And lets be clear, it's ONLY Leftists who promote all sexual and otherwise mental/moral perversions be it homosexuality, transgenderism, pedophilia (Salon as just one example), animal sex, (Rachel Dolezal, race is a social construct), in fact, the irony about this is it indirectly demonstrates my point. Sexuality can also be a social construct, except for heterosexuality, because heterosexuality has ACTUAL known biological components driving human survival and procreation.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson