That Lovely Morning

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: That Lovely Morning

Post by _Maksutov »

Kishkumen wrote:
You sort of start to wonder about the extent to which he even *wants* to be taken seriously. It's obvious he wants attention, but I guess he doesn't want any serious scrutiny of his ideas?

I think he is taken seriously by the caliber of mind that thinks pro wrestling is earnest competition and by those who find that manipulative power useful.

Brilliant, Reverend. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

consiglieri wrote:Professor Peterson has time to post voluminously on Bill Reel's Facebook page where Bill was holding his feet to the fire, adamantly denying he was lying but saying he would not address why it was he wasn't lying until he was darn good and ready.

I tried to find that thread to read it, but I can't find Bill Reel's Facebook page. Apparently, he's blocked me. Don't know why, because my Facebook activity is extremely tame and rarely, if ever, religious.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

mentalgymnast wrote:Except for my sigline that I'll keep for now.

Nothing ironic about that. Do you not realize I was describing you? That quote is what I imagine you saying in your mind to justify your dishonest behavior. LOL. You then react to it by doing exactly as I described.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Goebbels

A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth

There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the **er, and this will always be "the man in the street." (the TBM) Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

aussieguy55 wrote:Goebbels

A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth

There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the **er, and this will always be "the man in the street." (the TBM) Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.

The man in the street or the sister from Parowan?

Excellent choice of quotes, aussie. You are right that Mopologetics works by offering a spirited defense of the faith as opposed to an intellectually rigorous one. The important thing is to see Mopologists being snarky about the critics, showing a willingness to mix it up with the anti-Mormons, and so forth. It gets the blood moving and helps members feel like the faith is worthy of defense.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen
The important thing is to see Mopologists being snarky about the critics, showing a willingness to mix it up with the anti-Mormons, and so forth. It gets the blood moving and helps members feel like the faith is worthy of defense.

Excellent point Kish. It also demonstrates that there are heroes fighting for their faith and they need not worry if there is something they cannot answer, because there are answers. What the average member is never told (and many apologists know this, whether they deny it or not) is that their answers are seldom persuasive nor vigorous, certainly not enough to get published in legitimate non-Mormon venues of peer reviewed world wide read materials instead of merely local Utah/Idaho/Wyoming/Nevada publications apologists always publish with.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."