Church to build new 28 story bldg in SLC

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Church to build new 28 story bldg in SLC

Post by _Maksutov »

Building on their success with 111 Main, developers for the LDS Church are planning a new 28-story office tower in downtown Salt Lake City.

City Creek Reserve, a real estate arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has submitted preliminary plans for a sleek, curving and glass-clad skyscraper on the northeast corner of State Street and 100 South, just west of the Harmons Grocery store and south of the church’s Social Hall Heritage Museum.

City Creek Reserve spokesman Dale Bills declined to comment, beyond issuing a short statement saying the company was working to finalize city approvals for the luxury high-rise.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/11/12/ ... developer/
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Re: Church to build new 28 story bldg in Salt Lake City

Post by _Craig Paxton »

While many criticize the church for their transformation of downtown SLC, I personally am thrilled to see them investing their tithing dollars into the SL market. I love the Mall and the 111 Main Street with the Eccles Theater incorporated into the building. The church has billions of dollars available to them, personally I hope they continue to invest those dollars in Utah. I never got any benefit from the 10's of thousands I donated to the church...so at least for me, this is one way I can get a return on my donations.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Church to build new 28 story bldg in SLC

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love it. I hope they keep dumping dopey-dollars into the market. Fine by me.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Maksutov wrote:Building on their success with 111 Main, developers for the LDS Church are planning a new 28-story office tower in downtown Salt Lake City.

City Creek Reserve, a real estate arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has submitted preliminary plans for a sleek, curving and glass-clad skyscraper on the northeast corner of State Street and 100 South, just west of the Harmons Grocery store and south of the church’s Social Hall Heritage Museum.

City Creek Reserve spokesman Dale Bills declined to comment, beyond issuing a short statement saying the company was working to finalize city approvals for the luxury high-rise.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/11/12/ ... developer/
Oh wonderful!! Exactly what the Saints need. Paid for by the Saints...probably with some dollars that were meant for those menial things like the poor.....wonderful!!!
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Church is demonstrating more clearly what it has become. A real estate development and holding corporation.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I don’t give them any more of my money, so I say, “Go for it, Mormons!”

Anyone who is not awake to the fact that they are paying the Church to be rich needs to get informed. If they are fine with it, they will continue. If not . . . .
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Gross. Horribly ugly. Not needed. Wrecking more of downtown.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Somewhere Satan is well pleased. He has convinced us that we are no longer "Mormons" and that we need to build "Great and Spacious Buildings."
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Is this going to be sheltered homes for the poor and needy? If so great.
"It's a little like the Confederate Constitution guaranteeing the freedom to own slaves. Irony doesn't exist for bigots or fanatics." Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mary wrote:Is this going to be sheltered homes for the poor and needy?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the locals this is a great website to keep track of projects in and around the SLC area:

https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/

For non-locals this is a fantastic website to keep track of projects in a big city near you:

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/index.php

Enjoy!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.