Gina's in the clear...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Gina's in the clear...

Post by _moksha »

lostindc wrote:I, for one, am thankful to witness the New Zealand Miracle, but who would play Gina if this became a KSL production?

Do you think Lindsey Stirling could do a reasonable New Zealand accent? If nothing else, it would be fun to see her doing a Haka dance while playing the violin.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

If you excommunicate Gina for joining another Church and taking communion then you would have to excommunicate Mark Rubio. He was baptized at 8 into Mormonism, but then returned to the Catholic church. In fact, he has gone through the Catholic initiatory rites as an adult. As a presidential candidate, no one knew exactly where he stood, either as an Evangelical christian or a Catholic, but he definitely wasn't seen in a chapel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The only thing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints really cares about in today's world is when someone is bad mouthing it's leaders.
I want to fly!
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Interesting. I thought formally joining another church was an automatic grounds for excommunications? At least it was in the secret manuals when I was involved in leadership.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

lostindc wrote:Smac is one of the most dishonest posters I’ve encountered in the Mormon online world, but I kind of respect his ability to be all in no matter what.

I think smac is a great example of what Mormonism is all about. He is a perfect example of the LDS church corporation and specifically MDDB.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson