Mormon murders his parents and the cleaner.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Police have arrested a 27-year-old man who is suspected of murdering both his parents and another woman in a triple homicide in Newport Beach, California.

Camden Nicholson was taken into custody on Wednesday night after officers from the Irvine Police Department came into contact with him in the emergency room of the Irvine Medical Center.

Irvine police then contacted officers in Newport Beach to request a welfare check at the Nicholson family home where the three bodies were found in the upscale gated community of Bonita Canyon.

Two of the victims have been named locally as entrepreneur Richard Nicholson, 64, a clinical lab scientist who ran a chain of laboratories in Southern California, and wife Kim, 61.

According to local news reports the third victim was a female cleaner at the house and it's not known how the three were killed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -home.html
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon murders his parents and the cleaner.

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

LDS Inc was quick to take down his IM a Mormon site.

Thanks to Google caching it is visible here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... rg/me/6srg

Im a returned missionary and suspected murderer, and IM A Mormon.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_RAJ
_Emeritus

Post by _RAJ »

I saw this story on the local morning news a few days ago though I had no idea there was an LDS connection. Once I knew of the connection, and me being me, I thought - hmmm, prominent, wealthy Mormons, California residents - I wonder what their Prop 8 donation was?

Sure enough, Richard Nicholson of Newport Beach, listed as a self-employed entrepreneur: $23,500 or $25,000, depending on which list you are cross-checking.

Terrible tragedy.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Youssef said Kim told him her son had been healthy until he went on a Mormon mission to Florida in 2010. Prior to that he played golf at the University of Utah.

Kim said her son, who wrote in his profile on Mormon.org that he enjoys lifting weights and studying about nutrition and the human body, had been using steroids and marijuana and the couple wanted to seek a conservatorship to get him treatment, Youssef said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tment.html
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

After this revelation, it is any wonder that President Nelson wants to change the name to the Church of Jesus Christ?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Kind of ironic that several comments complained about identifying the suspect as a Mormon. LDS people enjoy positive publicity, but not negative publicity.