Question for Cinepro or others that still attend?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Question for Cinepro or others that still attend?

Post by _Markk »

Is Nelson's "commandment" to stop using the name Mormon in regards to the church actually taking hold? Or is it kinds of a "what ever" attitude?
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: Question for Cinepro or others that still attend?

Post by _Sanctorian »

I don’t attend so I can’t speak from that perspective, but I have read comment sections of articles Mormon related. Within those comment sections, TBMs are definitely using the full name of the church and actively defending it against the term Mormon. It’s pretty annoying actually.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

.........MORMON
dialogue & discussion board

Victory for Satan!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The problem is found in what we call ourselves.

Now that the official name is Even The Church of Jesus Christ, with the Of Latter-day Saints tacked on for legal purposes, somewhere TBMs are calling themselves the Even Churchers. While non-Even Churchers may not recognize that name, at least they do not have any preconceived notions about us be a group of haters.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Thomas S Monson was a Victory for Satan!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
_fetchface
_Emeritus

Post by _fetchface »

Most Mormons are taking it very seriously. Some are not.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/
_moinmoin
_Emeritus

Post by _moinmoin »

I continue to use Mormon, LDS, etc. when it makes sense to do so for communication purposes. I use the full name when I can.

ETA: There is no adequate replacement for Mormon as an adjective that isn't very clunky and convoluted.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

fetchface wrote:Most Mormons are taking it very seriously. Some are not.

If the Lord was taking it seriously he would have informed Hinckley or Monson to make the appropriate adjustments rather then take on failed programs that are victories for Satan. But now we see NelSatan pretending to revelation and showing absolute disrespect and disregard for his predecessors. It's so shameful what NelSatan has done. He turned out to be a traitor to those whom he once supported. The man has no shame. He has a black heart.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moinmoin wrote:I continue to use Mormon, LDS, etc. when it makes sense to do so for communication purposes. I use the full name when I can.

ETA: There is no adequate replacement for Mormon as an adjective that isn't very clunky and convoluted.

When you can? The whole thing is just silly.

What if the pope were to announce to the world and it's followers that it must be called the Holy Roman Catholic Church rather than just Catholic church? Would you abide by that? No, you would not. It would be an unreasonable request. Just stupid. Catholic church will do. Mormon church will do too.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Markk wrote:Is Nelson's "commandment" to stop using the name Mormon in regards to the church actually taking hold? Or is it kinds of a "what ever" attitude?

If my still believing wife is any indication...it is totally taking hold. She has avoided the use of Mormon in conversations with me ever since Nelson's talk. I have also noticed my other TBM family members following suit. It's as if someone turn a light switch on and instantaneously everyone fell into mind numbing conformity. It's actually rather creepy and cultish.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka