Joseph Bishop Confessed in the 1980s, Kept His MTC Position

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Bishop Confessed in the 1980s, Kept His MTC Posit

Post by _Holy Ghost »

consiglieri wrote:I expect the exhilaration felt on the part of the church after McKenna's attorneys withdrew is being replaced with an emotion of a different sort in the past few days.

Now it might feel like it does to a worm that came out during a rain storm that then suddenly stopped and hot beating sun has dried out the pavement to which the worm's body is sticking, preventing the worm from moving. The slippery exhilaration while it rained now is replaced with the feeling of the worm's ever stickier body withering and drying out under the hot, unrelenting sunlight. Is that the emotion of a different sort you had in mind? Worms don't like sunlight; neither do apologists.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Meadowchik wrote:
Is the dementia claim something that a jury evaluates, and do you have a take on that yet?

I am not aware of any claim of dementia being made on behalf of Joseph Bishop, though there was such a claim on behalf of Ron Leavitt, McKenna's YSA bishop to whom she reported "something" untoward related to Joseph Bishop.

Ron Leavitt's lawyers moved to strike his deposition on the basis he has suffered from Alzheimer's/Dementia (I know they're not the same, but can't remember which they claimed exactly).

The trial judge rightly denied their motion and ordered the deposition move forward, which has now already taken place, I believe.

Any such claim of dementia (or anything else) that would affect the credibility of a witness is rightly in the province of the jury, not the judge.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

fetchface wrote:I've done some searching on the internet and can't find a picture of Denson when she was young or any indication of whether this recording of Bishop was leaked to the Trib or released voluntarily to the Trib by BYUPD.

Denson in the MTC

https://i.redd.it/skk1s0tjeq011.jpg
I want to fly!
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

consiglieri wrote:It looks like KUTV has posted the entirety of the BYUPD interview with Joseph Bishop on their website.

It is located at the bottom of the story on the link I already provided.

It says they have made some minor redactions to exclude the names and identifying information of victims.

You know, sort of what the BYUPD should have been giving to me and everybody else who requested it under the public disclosure act!

I am busy this afternoon, but am looking forward to listening to the entire interview this evening.

Hopefully someone listened to it and made a copy for you because it wasn’t up long. It’s gone.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Madison54 wrote:Hopefully someone listened to it and made a copy for you because it wasn’t up long. It’s gone.

I think it just got put back up.
_grey-area-operative
_Emeritus

Post by _grey-area-operative »

Meadowchik wrote:

Where'd you see it? The youtube link no longer works and there's no new link on the kutv.com news article page.
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

Meadowchik wrote:
Madison54 wrote:Hopefully someone listened to it and made a copy for you because it wasn’t up long. It’s gone.

I still can't see that it's there (it was at the bottom on KUTV and also on YouTube). Do you have a link to it?
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

grey-area-operative wrote:
Meadowchik wrote:

Where'd you see it? The youtube link no longer works and there's no new link on the kutv.com news article page.

I cannot find it with my PC, but I still had the page on my phone tab and the video is still there. It is about 1:04 hour in length, audio file. I opened another tab and could not get it. Needless to say, I am keeping the first tab open!
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

Meadowchik wrote:
I cannot find it with my PC, but I still had the page on my phone tab and the video is still there. It is about 1:04 hour in length, audio file. I opened another tab and could not get it. Needless to say, I am keeping the first tab open!

If you are able to make a copy of it or listen to it, please do!

(Hopefully someone copied it before it was removed.)
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Madison54 wrote:
Meadowchik wrote:

If you are able to make a copy of it or listen to it, please do!

(Hopefully someone copied it before it was removed.)

I am technically illiterate, but I am trying to figure out how, aside from just playing it on my phone and recording with my phone recorder.