Classic response to Midgley....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: Classic response to Midgley....

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Kiwi57 wrote:Since there is no evidence that Professor Midgley has ever engaged in cyber-stalking, your remark is not only baseless, it may even be libelous.

Since there is substantial evidence that Professor Midgley has engaged in cyber-stalking, Kiwi's remark is not only daft, it may even be idiotic.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Kiwi57 wrote:Since there is no evidence that Professor Midgley has ever engaged in cyber-stalking, your remark is not only baseless, it may even be libelous.

Since there is substantial evidence that Professor Midgley has engaged in cyber-stalking, Kiwi's remark is not only daft, it may even be idiotic.

Yes. This response to Midgley is becoming more common, sadly, as he attacks posters:
Louis Midgley > B. Wilson • 7 hours ago • edited

Except for BAUT, of course. He seems to have positioned himself among the few truly Enlightened Ones.

http://disq.us/p/22nmtb4

--
Brad Anderson, UT > Louis Midgley • 27 minutes ago

Hi Louis,

Please drop the personal attacks.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

:lol: I go to SeN mostly for the gemli gems, so I don't know how I missed this:
DanielPeterson Mod > gemli • 14 days ago

For some reason, this comment from Professor Midgley keeps going into my spam folder, no matter how many times I've "de-spammed" it. So here it is:

"Professor Peterson knows that when I first noticed that someone calling himself gemli was posting very strange things on his blog, I wondered if Dan had not invented poor gemli. The problem is that, as very strange as it turns out to be, there is evidence that poor gemli exists outside of Dan's blog.

__
gemli > DanielPeterson • 14 days ago

Dr. Midgley seems preoccupied with my mysterious existence outside of this blog. I've practically given him my life story, detailing my hometown, my early religious exposure, my education and degrees and my employment history.

To complete the picture, I'm avoiding carbohydrates, need a haircut (in the area that still has hair), and I'm currently watching the TV series, "Veep," with Julia Louis Dreyfus. She's the Vice-President of the United States, along with a clawing, backstabbing, incompetent, self-serving and hilariously filthy-mouthed staff. It's a master class in the soaring, eloquent and transcendentally vulgar insult.

It would literally melt a Mormon if they heard one sentence, which is why I play it whenever the doorbell rings.

:lol:
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Kiwi57 > Brad Anderson, UT • 4 days ago

Who has tried to attack gemli's reputation? In what sense can an anonymous posting handle even be said to have one?

I wonder....

Louise Midgley >

Poor gemli. I wonder is there is something autobiographical when he asserts that "everyone has family tragedies." Why?

...But all I have picked up about gemli's family is that his parents were merely nominal Roman Catholics.

and

Louis Midgley >

And gemli, who seems to have grown up in a cultural Roman Catholic home, and was educated in a Catholic school, ended up seeking an education in a low mid-level Catholic university. Then his academic career went exactly nowhere. The reason being that his urge to master some science failed.

...I feel sorry for gemli. It must have been a kind of hell to have been employed in a routine sort of auxiliary position in a low mid-level Catholic university where he feared to reveal his atheist religious ideology. This is the reason he hides his identity as gemli.

and

louis Midgley >

...or, in gemli's recent revisionist personal history, gradually and hence perhaps when he got to Loyola. There is still something very messy about gemli's personal history. When did he get that MS degree at Loyola? Was it before or after his employment at that institution, and exactly when did his atheist dogmatism that replaced his earlier indoctrination by those nice Nuns in his parochial school period.

And when he found out gemli experienced a devastating hurricane, he said this in the middle of a completely different conversation:

Louis Midgley >

...Oh, I forgot, he has only gotten out of his parochial world when he was forced to leave by a huge and very destructive storm.

What an ass. And that is only the smallest set of the personal nastiness he has hurled gemli's way.

But this, THIS is truly creepy:

Louise Midgley > gemli:

Were your eyes wide open when you entered that catholic college in New Orleans or when you were later employed there? And at what point did you become gemli to vent your opinions that might have been trouble if they had been known by your employer or your colleagues?

And now he's pressuring gemli to say if he has a wife and children....

So that's how you attack an anonymous, but very well known and followed poster.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Midgley obviously is missing great opportunities. He needs to learn Gemli's penis size, so he can figure out which brand of condoms Gemli uses with his wife. He also needs to learn how often they have sex, and which positions are their favorites. Midgley also needs to learn what the secret girlfriends names of Gemli are (wink, wink), and find out if Gemli is large enough to use both hands while masturbating. Midlgey needs to do some real detective work, and find out [deleted], whether other humans helping, or using gadgets, widgets, and things to help him get off. I mean, nothing is sacred to Midgley, so why doesn't he go for Gemli's jugular and find out all the sex secrets of his life? This would certainly build his testimony of Jesus Christ and his infinite loving atonement. It would obviously demonstrate that Joseph Smith was a tried and true prophet. It would certainly demonstrate beyond doubt that having this knowledge gives insights into many weird and wildly misunderstood passages found in the Book of Mormon. We need more vital personal information about Gemli on [deleted]....I mean Midgley is acting like a ninconpoop trying to find out trivial things about Gemli instead of going for the most important, vital, and testimony, love building Christ like stupid poop he keeps bringing up that literally no one, not even Elohim or his kid Jesus give a flying flip about. How about Midgley demonstrate his real prowess as a Gospel scholar for Christ and get to the meat, and quit drinking the milk of worthless gossip, and go for something that can enlighten all Mormons and bring them closer to Christ like the above suggestions? I wonder if Woody will even comprehend what this post is about. I almost dare prophecy in the name of his own imagined version of his true Jesus, that he won't. He so busily [deleted] that his brain won't be able to engage to fathom the point of this.

[MODERATOR NOTE: Nothing X-rated, please.]
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Midgley, Peterson, and Kiwi57(who I assume is Pahoran) belong on the Mount Rushmore of crappy Mormon attack apologists. Unfortunately I don't think any of there are self aware enough to realize it.

Phaedrus
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

belong on the Mount Rushmore

lol. oh man, there has to be a Mt. Rushmore app out there.

In other news, Mr. Midgley took this cheap shot at a new poster yesterday:

Mr. Midgley wrote:"If I would you I too would try...." It seems that shakeyquant has a bit of a problem with forming an English sentence.

Maybe it's just me, but he clearly meant to write 'if I were you...' and an average mind does the substitution without skipping a beat.

If improvement really is needed, I suppose he could take writing lessons from Mr. Midgley, the Phd:

Mr. Midgley wrote:What possible reason does some phony post under the stupid handle "Dr. Shades" all kinds of disgusting rubbish often blasting away at others?

LOL!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Grammatical and sentence structure complaints seem to be the last bastion of apologetic defense. Gotta love it.

Dr. Midgely, please stand down!
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Exiled wrote:Grammatical and sentence structure complaints seem to be the last bastion of apologetic defense. Gotta love it.

You'll love this, then. In SeN's latest attack on the Heartland group, he references the "Mocking Neville" website, where the latest entry starts like this:

In his criticism of Book of Mormon Central’s KnoWhy #520, “Did Jesus Bleed from Every Pore?”…

(Has anyone else noticed that Neville has finally stopped referring to these articles as “No-Wise”? We’ve criticized him about that on this blog; good for him for dropping the childish name-calling.)

:lol: Awesome. Now if they could just get Kiwi57 and Midgley to drop their childish name-calling.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Awesome. Now if they could just get Kiwi57 and Midgley to drop their childish name-calling.

No, No, No, in their minds, they are doing the work of the Lord, not name calling......Jesus called people vipers, so can his lovely and righteous followers...... see the logic? Neither do I..... :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."