Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Pahoran
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Pahoran »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Pahoran wrote:So Shades: nine hours after you claimed to have been banned, you posted a comment, then deleted it.

Got it.

Yes. I essentially admitted precisely that, prior to your announcement thereof. With emphasis added:

Dr. Shades wrote:WAIT: I just experimented with it, and apparently the "Post as Dr. Shades" button still works. Perhaps any comment I make will be invisible to anyone else?

So, yes, I experimented with it, and in doing so found out that the "Post as Dr. Shades" button still works. This entailed me posting a comment, wouldn't you say? I deleted the comment because I had only typed in random characters to see if I could get it to work, which it did. No use cluttering up DCP's blog.

See my post to your new darling. All of your comments still show your screen name and avatar. Not one of them has been replaced by "Guest," which is what Patheos always does to banned commenters.

You are not banned. You have not been banned.
_Pahoran
_Emeritus

Post by _Pahoran »

Philo Sofee wrote:Of all issues on this board Pahoran finally shows up to make a few cheap scores on Dan banning Ph.d posters off his blog?!

No "Ph.d posters" have been banned.

Fact.
_Pahoran
_Emeritus

Post by _Pahoran »

Lemmie wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Careful, Kiwi. Ain’t no one here to protect your six when you’re being an asshole. If you want to be treated with respect you better start showing it.

- Doc

That’s who that is? Too funny.

I've always thought of this place as being a lot like a high school for delinquents. And now I see it's got its own jeer leader.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Pahoran wrote: Are you willing to give Dan the benefit of the doubt on that point? Of course not. It's contrary to your hate-based ideology.

I give Dan the benefit of the doubt.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Pahoran wrote:See my post to your new darling.

Umm, wrong. You are my new darling.

All of your comments still show your screen name and avatar. Not one of them has been replaced by "Guest," which is what Patheos always does to banned commenters.

Good! I'm happy to hear that.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Pahoran
_Emeritus

Post by _Pahoran »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Pahoran wrote:Enjoy the Liars' club. You'll fit right in.

Are you saying we're all liars? Is that what you're saying?

Every last one of you. Without a single exception.

A few months back, your buddy Ms Jack showed up to explain why none of you minded when Dan exposed the long-running lies of the Execrable Wang Chung. (Oh, you minded, all right. This place fairly exploded with rage.) You couldn't have minded, she condescendingly declared, because you were all in on it. None of you really believed him for a minute when he claimed to be a serving bishop, but you saw it as mere "trolling," so you just "played along."

You see, like all the worst bigots, you regard the targets of your bigotry as less than fully human. Therefore, lying to a "Mormon" doesn't really count as lying, does it?

I don't know whether you, Jersey Girl, would tell a lie on your own initiative or not. I do know that if one of your club tells a lie - or a whole tissue of them - you will all close ranks to support the lie, and the liar.

That's the nature of this place.

And you get to wear the stench of it.

Sorry.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Pahoran wrote:Every last one of you. Without a single exception.

I don't believe you.
_Pahoran
_Emeritus

Post by _Pahoran »

Dr LOD wrote:Before I posted I rechecked on two different devices and two different browsers. It brought up the red flag at the bottom of the comment box. I checked sometime about 11AM todayand it had been removed.

So unless you are some other knowledge that you aren’t sharing then you are more the liar. IM calling BS on this one.

Why don’t you answer some of those questions if you are so brilliant.

As I pointed out to your "buddy" (or sockpuppet) "Dr Moore":

1. Dan is always reluctant to drop the ban hammer. He never does so without repeated warnings, and he always announces that he's doing so. Did he announce it in your case? (Answer: no.)
2. Patheos, despite its many quirks, always does the same thing when a commenter is banned: it removes the screen name from all the comments, and replaces it with "Guest." Well, not one of your comments is attributed to "Guest." Every single one of them is by "Dr VelhoBurrinho." https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... mon-2.html

And that has not been different any time in the last 36 hours.

That's just a fact.

Of course, there is another way to bring about the same result. You could go back to Patheos and delete your account. Then all of your comments on every blog would be attributed to "Guest." But you'd better be quick if you want to try that dodge, or someone might figure out what you've been up to.

Not that any of your new friends would mind, of course. They'd all be eager to congratulate you for putting one over on Dan. The sheer dishonesty of it would impress them most favourably.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Hi Kiwi,

I'm over the banning issue. A technical glitch is certainly possible. In which case, no one is lying and everyone is angry. Group hug?

By the way, read your 1990s era FARMS articles today. And spent some time perusing your many, many years of online posts.

Dang brother.

How did you do it?

By that I mean, how have you managed to stay so full of love toward your fellow men after 30+ years churning out this flowing stream of anger, cynicism and seething sarcasm?

Whatever your secret, it is a gift that should not be hoarded. You may very well be the key that unlocks heaven's door.
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

I’m surprised to see that Prop 8’s comments remain attributed on SeN. He was banned by Dr. Peterson in July 2018. So, no, I can’t agree that “Patheos, despite its many quirks, always does the same thing when a commenter is banned: it removes the screen name from all the comments, and replaces it with ‘Guest.’”
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac