Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Lemmie »

Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 pm
What’s so miserable about the uniforms on gemli’s comments? Floppy berets? Bulky epaulettes?
:lol:
_Paloma
_Emeritus

Post by _Paloma »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:50 pm
Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 pm
What’s so miserable about the uniforms on gemli’s comments? Floppy berets? Bulky epaulettes?
:lol:
Yes! :smile: ! And the weird, discordant, totally unaware thing is that hugely error-prone L.M. tends to be the first to jump on people's typos, and make a big deal of them, mocking and demanding explanations!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Peterson wrote:In view of my wife’s reduced mobility following a recent surgery, a friend unexpectedly but very kindly brought dinner over.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... elons.html
It is these unexpected acts of kindness that endear the LDS Church to me.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Peterson wrote:My late friend Bill Hamblin and I sometimes fantasized about starring someday in an autobiographical film entitled Bill and Dan’s Excellent Adventure in Anti-Mormon Zombie Hell. We would bump bellies, play electric church organs and exclaim, "Be sophistic to one another".

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread
That sounds like a fun film to see.
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

Moksha, your post transports me back to the Interpreter Foundation’s highly entertaining fifth birthday party. Anticipating the delightful festivities more than three years ago now, I wrote:
Tom wrote:Celebrants will have a rare opportunity to watch the classic satirical Super-8 home movie Oedipus Wrecked (starring Dr. Peterson as Teiresias, Dr. Midgley as Jocasta, and Dr. Hamblin in a delightful cameo role as Dr. Sigmund Freud). In addition, we can expect to catch a sneak preview of the long-awaited forthcoming film Bill and Dan's Excellent Adventure in Anti-Mormon Zombie Hell, the production of which was made possible by generous supporters of the Foundation. A wonderful time should be had by all.
I don’t know whether the full-length Bill and Dan’s Excellent Adventure will be available on demand on BYUtv any time soon, but I must insist that Dr. Peterson is being a bit modest about the realization of his fantasies.
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:53 am
Dr. Peterson wrote:In view of my wife’s reduced mobility following a recent surgery, a friend unexpectedly but very kindly brought dinner over.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... elons.html
It is these unexpected acts of kindness that endear the LDS Church to me.
The Unitarian Universalist church did the same thing for my wife, which has gained us many new, lovely, and delightful friends who are not Mormon. It's not the religion, it is the people.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Tom
I don’t know whether the full-length Bill and Dan’s Excellent Adventure will be available on demand on BYUtv any time soon, but I must insist that Dr. Peterson is being a bit modest about the realization of his fantasies.
I think Dan and Lou have the new script and movie rights these days for a version of Mormon Dumb and Dumber...
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The Supreme Midglek no longer has
to count downvotes at SeN.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:30 am
I don't get how DCP et al can't handle the down-votes. Instead of prohibiting them, do what comedians do with hecklers - engage the heckler and ask the heckler to explain him/herself. Usually the heckler is drunk and/or incapable of explaining why they are heckling in the first place and putting a spotlight on the heckler will diffuse the situation rather quickly. Also, it shows how chicken they really are and how weak their opinions are. Show some balls for “F” sakes and deal with a little criticism.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:30 am
I don't get how DCP et al can't handle the down-votes. Instead of prohibiting them, do what comedians do with hecklers - engage the heckler and ask the heckler to explain him/herself. Usually the heckler is drunk and/or incapable of explaining why they are heckling in the first place and putting a spotlight on the heckler will diffuse the situation rather quickly. Also, it shows how ____ they really are and how weak their opinions are. Show some balls for ____ sakes and deal with a little criticism.
It was certainly interesting to watch the Mopologists (Lou, kiwi and DCP) react so vehemently against the down-votes. It was a psychologically fascinating glimpse into their mindset. Anger, insecurity and their inability to deal with criticism were all publicly revealed and preserved for generations.

It was interesting to see DCP originally just publicly complain about the down-votes. Later, DCP encouraged his readers to block the down-voters and then report them to Patheos, at the same time letting his readers know that the down-votes were not bothering him. Finally, DCP removed all capabilities for any Sic et Non users to use the down-vote. Hilarious.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014