Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Gadianton »

Thank you for bringing that to our attention Dr. Cam. It's really fascinating, and I hope Dr. Scratch takes note, as it's further evidence of his theory that the apologists suffer through church.

It's pretty crazy to think that Midgley has put all this time and energy into defending a church that he knows nothing about. How would he know if he even wants it to be true in the first place if he really doesn't know what it's about?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Yes, this is the same Midgley who said he was in his twenties or something before he realized that a phrase something like “leas assaiy” was actually the words “Relief Society.” Now, no offense, but no one has that problem into their twenties unless they are singularly uneducated, mentally challenged, or just so biased regarding gender that they literally don’t think women are real people.

Sadly, the hurtful way that Midgley speaks about his late wife leans me toward the later. I literally cringe when he mentions his wife. The time he said he couldn’t wait to see her in heaven...to thank her for running his household and family life so that he could be free to explore his own interests left me in tears. No woman deserves that kind of...adulation. I have stronger words, but I believe they are disallowed here.

Oh fu-Celestial Kingdom it. Midgley is a complete ass-hole and his statements about his treatment of his wife are sickening. Fu-Celestial Kingdom the little prick. He’s a piece of shi-t. Women are people, Midgley. You, on the other hand, are a pr-ick, and how you talk about women is disgusting.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Oh fu-Celestial Kingdom it. Midgley is a complete ass-hole and his statements about his treatment of his wife are sickening. Fu-Celestial Kingdom the little prick. He’s a piece of shi-t. Women are people, Midgley. You, on the other hand, are a pr-ick, and how you talk about women is disgusting.
Thank whatever superpower is out there, if any, that such assholery seems to be dying out. I haven't been to church in a few years but when I was going, that type of women as property view wasn't around as much as when I was a child. Perhaps the new generation of leaders are stuck in the 80's (post ERA) instead of the 50's like the Midge is?

In any event, I see why Midge stalked and went after a powerful woman like Dr. Colvin. In his worldview, such must be stopped no matter what. Otherwise, his future polygamous help meets might get ideas.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The peckerhead vs. the peckerhead:

"Louis Midgley > gemli

gemli: one does not grasp or contribute to any actual science by merely repeating the word science."

A short while later...

"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."

It's really nice that Dowsin' Daniel Peterson keeps letting his little terrier post to his heart's content. He's really shown himself to be... something...

- Doc
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:28 pm
The peckerhead vs. the peckerhead:

"Louis Midgley > gemli

gemli: one does not grasp or contribute to any actual science by merely repeating the word science."

A short while later...

"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."

It's really nice that Dowsin' Daniel Peterson keeps letting his little terrier post to his heart's content. He's really shown himself to be... something...

- Doc
Ahem. Midgley taught political science, right? It’s a little disingenuous to call that “teaching a science” in the context of the SeN hard science and near-death experience discussions. which, by the way, gemli calls “still-alive“ experiences. Lol.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

LOL. Midgley, the great scientist!

True story: The mopologists need to get their story straight on what science is.

Back in the day, at ZLMB, EA and I had a run-in with DCP and Bill Hamblin about what science is. EA sort of sided with them against me, as I was kind of playing devil's advocate and sticking to a pretty narrow view of science. I argued for a wide umbrella for science, insisting that the social sciences were also "science" (soft, but science nonetheless). I even argued history is science, If I recall correctly. The apologists argued in the extreme other direction, because normally, they have a vested interest in "science isn't everything".

So Mr. Midgley has put his fellow apologists into a fork. If poli-sci counts as "science" in the sense Gemli speaks of it, then lose the queen, because the world of physical reduction is pretty wide now. But if it isn't a "science" in the Gemli sense, then Midgley is overreaching to establish his credibility and -- lose the pawn. lol. not much of a fork!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Midgley wrote:"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."
Did Midgley teach somewhere other than BYU and some subject other than subjective political ruminations?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Midgley

Those who are annoyed by my teasing gemli simple do not appreciate what Professor Peterson and I, and others, call the Fun Factor in responding to some ideologies.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5056851535
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:47 pm
Midgley

Those who are annoyed by my teasing gemli simple do not appreciate what Professor Peterson and I, and others, call the Fun Factor in responding to some ideologies.
Yeah, they are just a bunch of playful guys over there. Too bad Lou becomes a shrill lout when someone teases his own faith.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The peckerhead is really agitated at the suggestion Political Science isn’t really a science, whatever that means:

“Louis “the peckerhead” Midgley > gemli “the winsome”

gemli sort of suspects many things, but actually knowing something is quite a different thing. It just happens that every university, except in Communist China has a Political Science Department and also other social science departments. So I am not the only one who thinks that political science is a science. And I think that I will continue to do so, untel [sic] gemli provides a reason for not doing so.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_U ... ce_and_Law

Dowsin’ Dan must really have some sort of perverse psychological itch that’s scratched when The Peckerhead makes a fool of himself, and by extension BYU. It’s sad to see a supposed friend allow another friend to make a public spectacle of himself and drive his reputation into the dirt.

- Doc