Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just want to note both BYU professors have left this peckerhead comment up:

“... who now qualifies as "Black" in Black Lives Matter protests? Are these protests, some of which have turned into riots with looting and property damage being done by those who are clearly "Blacks" in both Salt Lake and Provo?“

“... looting and property damage being done by those who are clearly “Blacks” in both Salt Lake and Provo.”

“... being done by those who are clearly “Blacks”...”

“... who are clearly “Blacks”...”

BYU. Mormons. Priesthood. Utahans.

- Doc
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 pm
Still up:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5060501625

- Doc
Part of me wants to notify Patheos of this horribly racist comment so they will take it down, but part of me wants it to stand as a public monument for Louis Midgley’s racism.

I also feel sorry that Midgley doesn’t have any real friends that would gently encourage him to edit his post in order to salvage what little remains of his reputation.

Mopologetics is a harsh mistress.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Midgley wrote:What I discovered then is that out our message resonates with Blacks everywhere. But if we had made any real effort to take our message to Blacks early on, we would have become a Black Church, and then Europeans would have refused to join a Black Church. I have come to realize that the Lord has his own way of doing things.
Of course! The bigotry of whites needed to drive the policies of the LDS Church for expediency. The Europeans would stay away and the Lord would not like that one bit. Lou has a firm handle on Church motivations.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Midgley wrote:What I discovered then is that out our message resonates with Blacks everywhere. But if we had made any real effort to take our message to Blacks early on, we would have become a Black Church, and then Europeans would have refused to join a Black Church. I have come to realize that the Lord has his own way of doing things.
So, according to this so-called insight, the Lord had a choice when it came to restoring the Church.

He could have chosen to restore a Church that took it's message to both Black and White folk but because the message would have been roundly embraced by His Black children it would have been off putting to His White children and they would have chosen to not join the Church.

Instead He chose to exclude His Black children from the message to allow the church to initially become "White" with the plan to belatedly include His Black children in the hopes they would join a predominantly "White" church.

Has there ever been a more racism-laced apologetic proffered for the Priesthood/Temple Ban?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DCP:

in view of my wife’s reduced mobility following a recent surgery, a friend unexpectedly but very kindly brought dinner over

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... elons.html
Sigh. Not because she was recovering and DCP was tending to her? No. Because she wasn’t able to get up and prepare food for the helpless sexist.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I have a question wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:54 am
So, according to this so-called insight, the Lord had a choice when it came to restoring the Church.

He could have chosen to restore a Church that took it's message to both Black and White folk but because the message would have been roundly embraced by His Black children it would have been off putting to His White children and they would have chosen to not join the Church.

Instead He chose to exclude His Black children from the message to allow the church to initially become "White" with the plan to belatedly include His Black children in the hopes they would join a predominantly "White" church.

Has there ever been a more racism-laced apologetic proffered for the Priesthood/Temple Ban?
I remember hearing this apologetic around the time of the ban being lifted. I thought it officially died with the "we just don't know" apologetic contained in the race and the priesthood church essay.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Setting some sort of Internet record for self-referential posting, the Peckerhead continues to violate Disqus’ rules and attack gemli with zero moderation from the blog’s owner:

“Louis Midgley talking to Louis Midgley

It seems that Louis Midgley, who seems to be a real person, who posts under his real name, has drawn the same five downvotes from the Dunce, even when he intentionally did not include even one lovely or sour word in one of his two comments. And please also notice that gemli, did not reply to Midgley's scolding because he never ever reads one of Professor Peterson's blog items, if it contains information on the actual faith of someone, rather than a mention of science, which triggers gemli's miserably uniformed comments.

Recently Professor Peterson actually mentioned that "There are those — some of them read my blog — who appear to argue that science is the only valid kind of knowledge, and that anything that isn’t scientific isn’t really knowledge."

Professor Peterson then quoted from Truth and Method, a famous book by Hans-Georg Gadamer, in which he demonstrated that history provides knowledge even though it is not a science. And gemli, who has posted comments over eight thousand times, neglected to respond to a blog item that demonstrated that the scientism of gemli arbitrarily rules out history as a source of valuable knowledge.”

This one has it all. Louis “peckerhead” Midgley talking to himself, kvetching about fake Internet points, victimhood, attacking others, and then tickling the fat man’s balls.

Wonderful!

- Doc
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

This is what irritates Midgley:
And please also notice that gemli did not reply to Midgley's scolding
:lol:
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

What’s so miserable about the uniforms on gemli’s comments? Floppy berets? Bulky epaulettes?