Hey, EVOLUTIONARIES! Get over this:

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Hey, EVOLUTIONARIES! Get over this:

Post by _Quasimodo »

Nightlion wrote:Since all varieties of levels of intelligence are possible. Then God is probable and the rest is old news. If there IS news then there is an equal and opposite fake news.

Hi Night! I'm afraid your first assumption is a little shaky. There is no logical reason to assume that all varieties of intelligence are possible.

Also, in your second assumption, the term "equal and opposite" is subjective. Salt is not the opposite of pepper and dogs are not the opposite of cats even though that is the immediate answer you will get from most people if you ask them.

Please continue on, though.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_fetchface
_Emeritus

Post by _fetchface »

RockSlider wrote:I'm pretty sure one must have had the baptism of fire before said subjective, unverifiable evidence is given to an individual.

Seems legit.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Nightlion wrote:Evolution is science looking at the similarities shared by various species separated into various groupings. The more details science uncovers the more obvious it becomes that intelligent design better answers the sophistication of these varieties.

Let's imagine that God first made his own physical body. A perfect creation! Then, from that worked backwards to add all the various species tweaking his own DNA as he goes to infinity and beyond. Darwin then looks up the butt hole of creation and sees the opposite. Bottom feeding High Schoolers chose the later since their hormones are raging there is little grace in any of their members.

The world refusing to give God glory become all the more darkened in their minds only wishing for the raging hormones of yesteryear.

Did you just do a sneaky and plagiarize a Dan Peterson page from Sic et Non? :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:Let's imagine that God first made his own physical body.

Why?

If God possesses the power to make his own physical body, for what purpose would he need or want a physical body? There is nothing experienced by the physical body, either in capability or sensation, that he would not have programmed into it and therefore was already the master of.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Evolution is science looking at the similarities shared by various species separated into various groupings. The more details science uncovers the more obvious it becomes that intelligent design better answers the sophistication of these varieties.

Let's imagine that God first made his own physical body. A perfect creation! Then, from that worked backwards to add all the various species tweaking his own DNA as he goes to infinity and beyond. Darwin then looks up the butt hole of creation and sees the opposite. Bottom feeding High Schoolers chose the later since their hormones are raging there is little grace in any of their members.

The world refusing to give God glory become all the more darkened in their minds only wishing for the raging hormones of yesteryear.

Did you just do a sneaky and plagiarize a Dan Peterson page from Sic et Non? :lol:

Can't say. I have never even looked at Dan's Sic et Non: blog is it? You just trying to smear me or what?
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

canpakes wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Let's imagine that God first made his own physical body.

Why?

If God possesses the power to make his own physical body, for what purpose would he need or want a physical body? There is nothing experienced by the physical body, either in capability or sensation, that he would not have programmed into it and therefore was already the master of.

We all need a hug now and again? So he invented it out of need.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

[quote="Nightlion"
We all need a hug now and again? So he invented it out of need.[/quote]

So instead of accepting evolution as reality, something that is core to explaining biology, animal distribution and diversity and can actually be tested and proven to be true...you instead choose to just make crap up to believe in.

Ummm ok.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Craig Paxton wrote:[quote="Nightlion"
We all need a hug now and again? So he invented it out of need.

So instead of accepting evolution as reality, something that is core to explaining biology, animal distribution and diversity and can actually be tested and proven to be true...you instead choose to just make ____ up to believe in.

Ummm ok.[/quote]

You assume too much.

First off, out of the weakness I was fated to be born to, {something got deleted here about my parents hatefulness}....beginning at age 17 a senior in High School with a D- GPA, although having been accomplished already as a sixties bass guitar rocker, I began to think past the script I had been scripted by two of the wickedest LDS (seemingly outwardly perfect) parents imaginable I left all the next summer to seek a resolution to my outrageous set up of a dysfunctional existence. I was inactive LDS feeling that the masturbation that cured my EVERY DAMN NIGHT bed wetting made me unworthy to bless the sacrament and my inactivity was shrugged off and I was let go as a home teaching companion as well. Not expecting help from God I nevertheless went out into the world after I did not even bother to show up to my graduation I did not deserve but my history teacher cave me a passing grade because I gave a few opinions in his class. The girl I loved since Junior High attempted a couple of interactions with me that I could not respond to because love was not something I could fathom as I had no clue about it.

The earliest memory I can recall is my 6 foot 4 23O pound prick who conceived me screaming at my 3 year old self " I will beat you to death you little crap, tear off your arm and beat you to death with it" to which my mom gave full consent. I never once got a kind look, hug, kiss, or acknowledgement from a woman who refuse to deliver me and had to be cut every which way, I was told, and pull me from the womb. (even though I was the third child)

But you see, God give us weakness so that we WILL come unto him that he might make us strong. But I did not know that. I never read scripture. I listened in Sunday School an could only imagine possible terrestrial glory for me, maybe. So I was no expecting much when I hitch-hiked to Denver and hung out with the Hippies in Boulder Canyon that summer after High School. When I got up from what was going to be a 'LOVE IN' in the park about Boulder, Colorado and left deciding not to continue with the Hippies, walking away in a slight drizzle of rain I felt the first uplift of spirituality.

I was being drawn of God and of course did not know it at the time. I got a very cheap car from a friend loaded it up with my bass amp and guitars and drove to L A. before winter began. I stopped playing with bands around LA after New Years 1970 having paid rent for the last time did nothing but walk eight miles out to the beach at Santa Monica and back home each day. I would sit and think and yearn to be healed all the day long for more than three weeks. On the way down to LA my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and there in the dark I first prayed a none rote prayer. I was yielding my heart to God all day everyday for those final weeks of January. Then I was praying in my room when it was put into my mind if I was willing to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ with full purpose of heart, at any hazard. YES, then again at what seemed to be a more earnest level of pure intent I was taken down and asked again the same thing, YES. Then a third time down to the depths of humility when I wrung out my whole soul to respond affirmatively. And that was enough. After I arose and went around to the other side of my bed and sat down there, I was visited of the power and presence of God making a change of my heart, might, mind and strength. It was fearful, and wholly unexpected as I had not so much as understood such a possibility accepting only that I was unworthy in the least.

Nobody gets that from God and returns to the world. You are suddenly, even though you do not yet even know it, a true prophet of God. Just like all the prophets who receive a New Heart From God.

For this present purpose I have had to explain that I know God. Therefore God is in all my thinking and certainly included in my thoughts about how life began. I proved the existence of God. I did not invent his healing me. I have lived a life of miracles as one might expect the last fifty years.

You are reckless to imagine that there is no God and you are free to think up whatever BS you like. But no. It does not stick. It is stupid. It is not true.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote: ... I can recall is my 6 foot 4 23O pound prick who conceived me screaming at my 3 year old self " I will beat you to death you little crap, tear off your arm and beat you to death with it" ....

Perhaps Man really was made in the image of God after all.