Smoot wishes oblivion for gemli's pointless life

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Smoot wishes oblivion for gemli's pointless life

Post by _Lemmie »

Sexual orientation is irrelevant, WaterDog, and the rest of your comments are equally inappropriate. Take your nonsense elsewhere.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lemmie wrote:Sexual orientation is irrelevant, WaterDog, and the rest of your comments are equally inappropriate. Take your nonsense elsewhere.

I dunno. I thought it was some good armchair psychoanalyzing. WD, you good in my book. Stick around and say more stuff.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Does it really matter what Smoot thinks or writes? He's simply a creepy person who fits right in with the rest of the FAIRMORMON/Book of Mormon Central liars. I expect nothing less from Mopologists. I read a couple of things he wrote about Jeremy Runnells and answered them and then thought what the hell am I doing. I'm much better off since I basically have him on ignore. I ran into him on a Facebook discussion not long ago, and yup he was just as toxic as he always is. It was just like stepping in dog crap. It stank and all I wanted to do was get away from the stink of it.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I dunno. I thought it was some good armchair psychoanalyzing. Water Dog, you good in my book. Stick around and say more stuff.

- Doc

Wonder if Doc Cam also likes Dr. Pimple Popper videos?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

What is it about there being an afterlife that gives mortal life meaning that it otherwise would not have? I'm curious.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Lemmie wrote:Sexual orientation is irrelevant, WaterDog, and the rest of your comments are equally inappropriate. Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Science disagrees. You are, of course, free to offer a competing hypothesis to explain Smoot's behavior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego-dysto ... rientation

...an ego-dystonic mental disorder characterized by having a sexual orientation or an attraction that is at odds with one's idealized self-image, causing anxiety and a desire to change one's orientation or become more comfortable with one's sexual orientation. It describes not innate sexual orientation itself, but a conflict between the sexual orientation one wishes to have and the sexual orientation one actually possesses.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... ccess=true

Shame Resilience Theory, Brene Brown wrote:I am not allowed to be afraid. I am not allowed to show fear. I am not allowed to be vulnerable. Shame is being afraid, showing fear, or being vulnerable” (p.97). When men’s shame resilience increases, they are able to respond with “awareness, selfcompassion, and empathy. But without that awareness, when men feel that rush of inadequacy and smallness, they normally respond with anger and/or by completely turning off (p.97)

Shame Resilience Theory, Brene Brown wrote:The shame experience often produced some combination of confusion, fear, and judgment. Closely following these feelings were often strong feelings of anger, rage, and/or blame. When shame was experienced around an issue where there was perceived invulnerability, the reaction was reported as even more painful and confusing. In both of the above instances, participants reported directing their feelings of fear, judgment, anger, rage, and blame toward themselves, toward others, and a combination of inward and outward.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... elvet-rage

Alan Downs wrote:“Velvet rage is the deep and abiding anger that results from growing up in an environment when I learn that who I am as a gay person is unacceptable, perhaps even unlovable,” he explains. “This anger pushes me at times to overcompensate and try to earn love and acceptance by being more, better, beautiful, more sexy – in short, to become something I believe will make me more acceptable and loved.”

Huh. That sure sounds like Smoot to me. If you've got a better explanation for Smoot, please share. Also, this isn't something I'm pulling out of thin air. It draws from a Facebook thread that happened a while back. I forget who's page, Bill Reel maybe? At any rate someone on there floated this idea that Smoot was likely overcompensating for his closet homosexuality. One of Smoot's very close friends then totally outed Smoot and basically conceded that this theory was in fact spot on correct, that Smoot is open about his "same sex attraction" among friends. He did so in a "quit being mean to my bff, he's really struggling" kind of way. Nonetheless, there it was, and is.

But, you say irrelevant. Yah, okay, psychologists disagree. If someone is acting out, repeatedly, exhibiting a pattern of such behavior, hmm, yeah, something is going on. That's not waking up on the wrong side of the bed one day. You don't think Smoot's various TBM mentors have taken him aside and counseled him to not act the fool? Hey kid, you're in grad school and stuff, this behavior isn't helping your career. Stop it. Of course they have. Of COURSE they have. So many have tried to temper him, and yet he just can't resist. He is an immensely angry person. Such a person is that way because they are in deep pain. Well, what does he have going on that would be the source of so much torment? Hmmmmmmmmm.....
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

moksha wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I dunno. I thought it was some good armchair psychoanalyzing. Water Dog, you good in my book. Stick around and say more stuff.

- Doc

Wonder if Doc Cam also likes Dr. Pimple Popper videos?

ABSOLUTEY NOT.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Water Dog wrote:

Science disagrees. You are, of course, free to offer a competing hypothesis to explain Smoot's behavior.

I meant irrelevant in the sense that we don't typically invoke the presumed sexual frustration level as a cause for bad behavior, that strategy seems to be reserved for only those persons who are assumed to be homosexual. It's discriminatory to assume that presumed sexual frustration will show up as bad behavioral choices as a function of one sexual orientation, but not all.

And no, I won't offer a competing hypothesis, unless you would like me to also provide a hypothesis, based solely on my assumptions, about how YOUR sexual frustration negatively influences YOUR posting behavior. :biggrin:
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Lemmie wrote:I meant irrelevant in the sense that we don't typically invoke the presumed sexual frustration level as a cause for bad behavior, that strategy seems to be reserved for only those persons who are assumed to be homosexual. It's discriminatory to assume that presumed sexual frustration will show up as bad behavioral choices as a function of one sexual orientation, but not all.

Discriminatory is not "bad" in this situation. Of course my hypothesis is discriminating, in the sense that it acknowledges a distinction. It would not be fair to lump gays, men, women, white, black, brown, all into the same basket, would it? Surely that's not what you're arguing. Discriminating doesn't imply my hypothesis to be prejudicial or unfair in some way, towards gays. Quite the contrary, it is an expression of empathy. The simple fact is that Mormonism is hostile and prejudicial towards homosexuality, which isn't my doing. White straight men aren't branded as apostates, are they? I agree, Mormonism is also hostile towards other forms of sexuality, of which I have said much about in other threads. But that's a separate subject. Regardless, note, I did include DCP as one who also potentially suffers from some form of sexual frustration. However, clearly, that is an apples to oranges comparison to what dear brother Smoot is going through. This thread is about Smoot, specifically. You asked, what the hell is wrong with him, specifically. So, I explained.

Lemmie wrote:And no, I won't offer a competing hypothesis, unless you would like me to also provide a hypothesis, based solely on my assumptions, about how YOUR sexual frustration negatively influences YOUR posting behavior. :biggrin:

I don't mind. I have been quite open with people on this forum about my own journey through these waters, and taking corrective actions to addresses such issues and have my personal needs met. Things are a LOT better. :biggrin: :biggrin:
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
moksha wrote:Wonder if Doc Cam also likes Dr. Pimple Popper videos?

ABSOLUTEY NOT.

- Doc

I do. #notashamed