Clark Goble Has Passed Away.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Clark Goble Has Passed Away.

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I am truly sorry to hear about this. He was one of those faithful with whom you could have an open and frank conversations about Mormonism and walk away from it as friends.

R.I.P. Clark
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Clark Goble Has Passed Away.

Post by _Gadianton »

What?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

I'm truly sorry to hear this as well. Clark was always a rare light at MDDB.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

"Funeral arrangements for Clark Goble:

Viewing Friday Sept 13 from 6-8 pm
Viewing Saturday Sept 14 at 9:30 am
Family Prayer 10:45 am
Funeral 11 am

LDS Chapel
1315 E 900 S
Provo, UT 84606"
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

I've been hoping this somehow wasn't true. Is it really confirmed? Do we know what happened?
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I got to know him years ago on Z, I probably learned more from him than any other one person on the Internet. Just a great guy, and this is really horrible news.

I know years ago he contracted bird flu and was sick for months. I remember he was posting that he wanted to get vaccinated but everyone was out of stock.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

I’m very sorry to hear this. I first came across Clark in several then-popular LDS-oriented mailing lists, including LDS-Hist and Eyring-L. Later, I followed his blog. He was a bright and insightful man with a range of intellectual interests.
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Tom wrote:I’m very sorry to hear this. I first came across Clark in several then-popular LDS-oriented mailing lists, including LDS-Hist and Eyring-L. Later, I followed his blog. He was a bright and insightful man with a range of intellectual interests.

Do you have a link or the name for his blog?
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

Meadowchik wrote:
Tom wrote:I’m very sorry to hear this. I first came across Clark in several then-popular LDS-oriented mailing lists, including LDS-Hist and Eyring-L. Later, I followed his blog. He was a bright and insightful man with a range of intellectual interests.

Do you have a link or the name for his blog?

Mormon Metaphysics: http://libertypages.com/cgw/
He blogged earlier with others at Metaphysical Elders: http://elders.blogspot.com/search?updat ... -05:00&m=1
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Tom wrote:Mormon Metaphysics: http://libertypages.com/cgw/
He blogged earlier with others at Metaphysical Elders: http://elders.blogspot.com/search?updat ... -05:00&m=1

Thanks very much!