Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Failed Prophecy
Sunbeam

Re: Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

Post by Failed Prophecy »

Is Ed Goble related to Clark Goble?

Goble wasn't an apologist, but he had some very weird ideas about the philosophical aspects of Mormonism. Nice enough guy who tragically died a few years back.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

Post by Kishkumen »

Failed Prophecy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 pm
Is Ed Goble related to Clark Goble?

Goble wasn't an apologist, but he had some very weird ideas about the philosophical aspects of Mormonism. Nice enough guy who tragically died a few years back.
They are not related. I asked Ed once. I was sad when Clark passed away.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Rivendale
God

Re: Ed Goble Podcast now up

Post by Rivendale »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 pm
Thanks for the podcast I enjoyed it. You were the first person that pointed out that some of Mormon scripture was founded on grave robbing. And worse they embrace it. They reinterpret it for self promotion.

Recall how Charlotte Haven witnessed Joseph Smith's nutty mother picking up a leg bone of one of the mummies while declaring, "This is the leg of pharaoh's daughter, the one who saved Moses."

Imagine, money diggers grave diggers rudely picking up the bone of a dead person's body all for the purpose to make money while pretending to know the body was royal and biblical in nature.

We clearly see where Joseph Smith got his nuttiness -- from his own batty mother!

And, Goble is just as bad. How so? He defends Joseph Smith's craziness!

Trust me, I'm not making this crap up.
I went to the original source and read all of Charlotte's writings about Nauvoo. Joseph's mom grabbed the leg bone (Charlotte thought it was a club) and began her sermon regarding the Book of Abraham and other rantings. And then graciously accepted the quarter. Oh brother! Her description of Joseph Smith was priceless.
Shulem
God

Re: Ed Goble Podcast now up

Post by Shulem »

Rivendale wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:59 pm
I went to the original source and read all of Charlotte's writings about Nauvoo. Joseph's mom grabbed the leg bone (Charlotte thought it was a club) and began her sermon regarding the Book of Abraham and other rantings. And then graciously accepted the quarter. Oh brother! Her description of Joseph Smith was priceless.

The physical handling of the mummies by the Mormon leaders is revolting and absolutely disgusting. It's an utter goddamn shame they treated mummies like props in their freak show to make money! There is no excuse for that horrible behavior. And don't tell me they were a product of their times. The Smith's were liars and cheaters and the spirit in which they conned people is downright sinister and creepy.

How would Mormons today react if a band of do-gooders dug up Joseph Smith's body and placed him behind a glass case for everyone to gawk at? Look at old Joe now! Look at them dried bones! Behold the prophet of Mormonism! even his phallus has since dried up and is shrunken like a leather dusty clump. :shock:

How about Ed Goble? Is he going to defend mother Smith and her lying son? Is he going to defend Trump too?

Hey, Goble, it sucks to be you -- you loser. Give up the Book of Abraham! It's a lost cause. It's garbage.

Move on, ED!