Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: Ed Goble Podcast now up

Post by Rivendale »

_Shulem wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 am
First 14 minutes is nothing but idle chat about a variety of things that don't matter to anyone other than the two people talking.

Skip those 14 minutes and do anything else. Go to the toilet. Wash the dishes. Vacuum the carpet. Anything would prove more interesting.

Christ Jesus! :neutral:
If you want to see some real uneasiness look at Terryl Givens and Joseph Spencer try to rationalize why there is a deliberate attempt to hide evidence regarding the Book of Mormon and other scriptures. (Joseph showing the plates to a select few)What reasons are put forward as to why these books require faith in spite of the evidence. https://youtu.be/SIf9m-30we4?si=dWxmlwypRFRSDRsK Why are there so many stumbling blocks put in the way? Hidden plates for centuries? Book of Abraham and the GALE? Why dosen't intellectual confidence thrive in Mormonism?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 pm
Book of Abraham and GALE?
“GALE” = “Grammar and Alphabet of the Language Egyptian?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Poor Goble

Post by Shulem »

Ed Goble peddles garbage as he looks for parallels and similarities in which to attempt to validate Smith's ideas and claims. Egypt was not founded or established after the so-called era in which mythical Noah floated upon an ark with animals that make up the entire animal kingdom. It's silly religious myth.

The origin story of the Book of Abraham is totally false. There is no truth to that story whatsoever. Poor Goble just talks nonsense and stirs up Smith's garbage within a garbage bin of his own making. It stinks to high heaven as Goble tells lie after lie.
Shulem
God

Poor Goble

Post by Shulem »

Ed wrote:You got all these people apostatizing from the church and you got a bunch of apologists telling everyone “Phelps is responsible” for Joseph Smith’s papers. The critics know that Joseph Smith is responsible for his own papers and the critics laugh at it and the people that have apostatized from the church, they find it laughable that the apologists are trying to do this.
:lol:
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 pm
Book of Abraham and GALE?
“GALE” = “Grammar and Alphabet of the Language Egyptian?”
Yes GALE from the Book of Abraham. This Goble podcast is wild.
Here is a synopsis.

* Dark matter = refined matter

* How do we know what ancient DNA looks like? How can we compare Native American DNA without a pattern to compare it to?

* Cement was found anachronisms =n-1

* Book of breathings= Egyptian alphabet

* Land of the Chaldea = reed picture from the facsimiles (pun)

* Brian Hauglid is a scholar of Arabic. He has no background in Egyptology and I don't either. lol

* Translation isn't always content sometimes it is context

* Horr commissioned his scribe to encode Abrahamic content

* I spent 15 years on the Book of Abraham and I get no respect

* The commitment pattern is the key to dissolving all anti Mormon claims. Keep digging until you believe. Just like quantum mechanics. God isn't a trickster. Something might appear as if there is no connection but there is. Wave particle duality. See?
Marcus
God

Re: Ed's latest podcast is a dud

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 pm
Poor Ed.

His latest podcast on Spotify:

Ed Goble: The Book of Abraham
Ed wrote:"Joseph Smith did not have a running book of Abraham in front of him"
Ed clearly states he is in the Catalyst camp. But the Catalyst theory does not have a leg to stand on because the timeline and historical content tendered by Smith in his bogus story has been absolutely disproved and there isn't a f-ing thing poor Ed can do to change history or adjust the dynasties to fit Smith's bogus timeframe! Joseph Smith was unware that the Bible timeline of Egyptian history was absolutely false!

It sucks to be Ed. He's a liar.
Oh dear, he's still doing this? I've never seen a more obvious and deeply embedded case of assuming one's conclusion. He is so insistent that he is right about this that he cannot look objectively at anything.
Shulem
God

Re: Ed's latest podcast is a dud

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:06 pm
Oh dear, he's still doing this? I've never seen a more obvious and deeply embedded case of assuming one's conclusion. He is so insistent that he is right about this that he cannot look objectively at anything.

It's all about saving Joseph Smith and maintaining faithful testimony in a man who lied about everything. Ed and Joe deserve each other.

Ed has tunnel vision when it comes to the translation issue and wholly disregards the fact that Egypt did not begin in the way, manner, or time in which Joseph Smith said so in the Book of Abraham. The Bible is wrong. Joseph Smith was wrong. And Ed is wrong.

Poor Ed.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 pm

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Mormons have slandered the Egyptians in every way possible and Mormon scholars have sold themselves to the father of all lies. Goble is a liar and cheat in the same category with Gee and Muhlestein -- Mormons love to lie and accuse their adversaries at the same time. F-you, Gee! You sold yourself for a mess of Mormon pottage. And you, Goble, you're a dodo bird. You are a twit!

Look, a correct explanation for Hor in Facsimile No. 3 was given in this podcast I offered some time ago. Nothing has ever rivaled this presentation:

Facsimile No 3 Podcast #1

I know what I'm talking about. Goble is a dope.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

:cry:
Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:11 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 pm

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Mormons have slandered the Egyptians in every way possible and Mormon scholars have sold themselves to the father of all lies. Goble is a liar and cheat in the same category with Gee and Muhlestein -- Mormons love to lie and accuse their adversaries at the same time. F-you, Gee! You sold yourself for a mess of Mormon pottage. And you, Goble, you're a dodo bird. You are a twit!

Look, a correct explanation for Hor in Facsimile No. 3 was given in this podcast I offered some time ago. Nothing has ever rivaled this presentation:

Facsimile No 3 Podcast #1

I know what I'm talking about. Goble is a dope.
Thanks for the podcast I enjoyed it. You were the first person that pointed out that some of Mormon scripture was founded on grave robbing. And worse they embrace it. They reinterpret it for self promotion.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 pm
Thanks for the podcast I enjoyed it. You were the first person that pointed out that some of Mormon scripture was founded on grave robbing. And worse they embrace it. They reinterpret it for self promotion.

Recall how Charlotte Haven witnessed Joseph Smith's nutty mother picking up a leg bone of one of the mummies while declaring, "This is the leg of pharaoh's daughter, the one who saved Moses."

Imagine, money diggers grave diggers rudely picking up the bone of a dead person's body all for the purpose to make money while pretending to know the body was royal and biblical in nature.

We clearly see where Joseph Smith got his nuttiness -- from his own batty mother!

And, Goble is just as bad. How so? He defends Joseph Smith's craziness!

Trust me, I'm not making this crap up.