Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Ed Goble Podcast now up

Post by _Shulem »

Ed Goble 1:02 wrote:The priest named Hor commissioned for his scribes to write his Book of Breathings, he was so enamored and had such respect for the Jewish patriarchs, Abraham in particular with whom he identified, he wanted to have his own custom alphabet aligned with Abrahamic content . . . .

Talk about making crap up! There is nothing in the papyrus or in the Facsimiles that leads us to think the scribe had any kind of affinity for the Jewish god. Everything about the papyrus has everything to do with the Egyptian gods and the Egyptian gods only. There is no room or content therein for Jehovah or the Jewish patriarchs. That is a ridiculous assertion on Ed's part -- it's pure fantasy!

Ed wants us to think the scribe was enamored towards Jehovah who somehow sits on the throne in Facsimiles 2 & 3 while at the same time allowing Smith to hack off Anubis's snout in Facsimile No. 3 -- desecrating a god of Egypt and calling him a slave. There is nothing in the Facsimiles that shows any kind of regard to the Jewish god but every regard to the Egyptian gods. The Egyptians had no regard for the Jewish war god. You can't mix Jewish religion into Egyptian funerary spells. That's like trying to insert Mormon teachings into a book on witchcraft or black magic. It doesn't mix. You can't pair them. No way.

Ed truly is a lone wolf. He needs to give this crap up. It's over. The Book of Abraham is a proven FRAUD.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Ed Goble Podcast now up

Post by _Shulem »

***ATTENTION***

Ed Goble has sent me an email claiming to reveal the name of the king in Facsimile No. 3 and has asked me to share his findings with the board:

Ed Goble wrote:Now for the name of the Pharoah (above the image of Isis, who is Pharaoh) in Facsimile #3. Here are the precedents. In the Hor papyrus text, the name for, and Hor, the owner of the papyrus, Taykeybit, Usiwer, his mother and his father, the names, which are known names of people in this very papyrus are NOT given in cartouches either. Hor are the consonants HR from the Name Hor or Horos, named after the God Horus, but he is the owner of the Papyrus. Taykebit means Dancer, yet it is a name. but not in a cartouche. Usiwer/Wsrwr is "Osiris the Great", notwithstanding it is the name of the father of Hor, the owner of the papyrus. The precedent of the name Katumin in the Book of the Dead papyrus is similar, which is given as the consonants, alternately as Ktmyn or Ktmdwyn or Yrtmyn. The name of the Pharaoh, as given both by Rhodes and by Ritner, notwithstanding it translates to "Great Isis, mother of the God", (just like how Wsrwr translates as "Osiris the great" is still a name too), breaking out in consonants is Ist-Wrt-Mwt-Ntr. Therefore, the name of Pharaoh from the book of Abraham is Astoret-Motneter. This is no different than Maher-shalal-hashbaz from Isaiah chapter 8. Where is the mystery here? Feel free to share this information with anybody on Mormon Discussions. I have kept my side of the bargain. Here is the name of Pharoah for you from Facsimile 3, following available precedents: Astoret-Motneter.

:rolleyes:
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Ed Goble Book of Abraham Podcast now up

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Me thinks Ed needs a seer stone......... :rolleyes: Well hey, at least we NOW know the name of the king in facsimile 3..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get the feeling that Ed is pulling a MentalGymnast on us........ hang on, let me get the Holy Ghost on my iphone so I can confirm this translation, be right back!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Me thinks Ed needs a seer stone......... :rolleyes: Well hey, at least we NOW know the name of the king in facsimile 3..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get the feeling that Ed is pulling a MentalGymnast on us........ hang on, let me get the Holy Ghost on my iphone so I can confirm this translation, be right back!

I know, I know -- I hear ya.

Right now, I simply have no words. I wish Ed all the best and hope that he is happy and doing well.

:neutral:

sigh
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm the king of Egypt.

_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:I'm the king of Egypt.

OH WOW! It's a miracle! Look closely at this photograph of Jehovah talking to Abraham! You can actually see the two spaghetti figures of both men! Behind them is the ram caught in the thicket! This is a miracle. Spaghetti testifying of the truth of the Book of Abraham via the biblical story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac, only after with the ram caught in the thicket. Isaac is probably off to the left out of the scene peeing as he was quite scared to death when Abraham brought out that knife for him....CHECKMATE CRITICS! Even spaghetti testifies of Joseph Smith's true translation!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Ed Goble wrote:Here is the name of Pharoah for you from Facsimile 3, following available precedents: Astoret-Motneter

According to biblical chronology, Abraham was born nearly 2,000 years BC -- dated at 1948 BC. According to the Book of Abraham he was 62 when he set out from Haran but the Bible says he was 75. After living in Haran for 10 years, Abram, Sarah, and Lot, left Canaan because of famine and went to Egypt at about 1873 BC.

This adventure into Egypt would have occurred during the powerful 12 Dynasty, iconic kings in Egyptian history:

1991–1962 BC Sehotep-ib-re (Amenemhat I)
1971–1926 BC Kheper-ka-re (Senusret I)
1929–1895 BC Neb-kau-re (Amenemhat II)
1897–1878 BC Kha-kheper-re (Senusret II)
1878–1860 BC Kha-kau-re (Senusret III)
1860–1815 BC Nemaat-re (Amenemhat III)

Folks, I'm afraid that Ed Goble's idea of inserting his king's name of Astoret-Motneter into the 12th Dynasty is impossible. And given what we know about the 12th Dynasty and their hatred towards the vile Asiatic there is no way in hell that Abraham strolled down into the king's court and sat on the king's throne. The very idea is utterly preposterous!

There was no king by the name of Astoret-Motneter in which Ed Goble has taken the sacred label in Facsimile No. 3: "Isis the great, the god's mother", in a vain attempt to connect a king with the label identifying an Egyptian goddess.

Joseph Smith was wrong!

Ed Goble is wrong!

Period. End of discussion.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

If there is no Cartouche there is no king's name. That was the #1 rule of the Egyptian religion at that time pertaining to the king. It is not possible that an Egyptian priest would record a king's name on sacred funerary papyri without enclosing it in the sacred ring in order to give the king eternal life with the sun god Ra. Without the emblem the king cannot have eternal life.

The FACT that there is no legitimate king's name in Facsimile No. 3 and being properly contained in the royal icon of the sun is absolute proof that Joseph Smith was wrong and so also is Ed Goble.

Ed, you're wrong -- I rebuke you. Nobody believes you. I doubt you even believe yourself but are trying to convince yourself or get spooky feelings from your friend the ghost in order to continue with this charade.

You won't find the name Shulem on the papyrus either. It's not there. Is it? Show me!

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Not to be found on Facsimile No. 3

A royal of Egypt during the time of Abraham's supposed journey to Egypt:

"Khakaure Senusret III was a pharaoh of Egypt. He ruled from 1878 BC to 1839 BC during a time of great power and prosperity, and was the fifth king of the Twelfth Dynasty of the Middle Kingdom." Wikipedia
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

To be honest, my heart tickled just a little bit when I realized that Ed Goble came close in nailing the king's name -- but it's no cigar, and Facsimile No. 3 doesn't bear a royal king's name, at all. It's a funerary scene for a man named Hor before the gods -- not a royal court scene.

Anyway, the birth name of Khakaure (Sesostris III) is Senusret which means: 'Man of goddess Wosret'. She was a minor goddess whose cult was based in Thebes and three kings of the 12th Dynasty bore her name.

Ha ha, Ed, close, but no cigar.

:wink:

he he