Oaks: How you are plumbed at birth is your gender. Period.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Oaks: How you are plumbed at birth is your gender. Period.

Post by _Holy Ghost »

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Re: Oaks: How you are plumbed at birth is your gender. Perio

Post by _Dr Moore »

Two steps back.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Where exactly does that leave intersexed children? He doesn't even acknowledge them.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:Where exactly does that leave intersexed children? He doesn't even acknowledge them.

There are no intersexed children in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That would be his answer. It is the only thing he cares about because the bureaucracy has killed his compassion. He has no love, only rules. It's what is making Mormonism stale to all. We don't need more commandments and rules, we need more compassion and togetherness of all peoples of the world.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_krose
_Emeritus

Post by _krose »

I had thought their truly contemptible “Proclamation” painted them firmly into that corner years ago.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Where exactly does that leave intersexed children? He doesn't even acknowledge them.

There are no intersexed children in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That would be his answer. It is the only thing he cares about because the bureaucracy has killed his compassion. He has no love, only rules. It's what is making Mormonism stale to all. We don't need more commandments and rules, we need more compassion and togetherness of all peoples of the world.

QFT - It boggles my mind that a supposedly education person could turn a blind eye to the overwhelming scientific evidence and spew such hateful nonsense.

This is the kind of stupid BS that five years from now will be the subject of yet another "he was speaking as a man" LDS org essay.

Oaks will be right up there with BY as one of the most hateful, judgemental prophets the Mormon church ever had.

ETA - I'm so pissed off right now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

When Oaks used the word binary as being necessary, he was meaning more than just male or female. He was also referring to black and white thinking. Of course, this required black and white thinking does have its exceptions, such as when pretzelized logic is required to explain past LDS history and doctrines.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

It may not be just Oaks who is looking at plumbing. I read some interesting internet pages in recent days. Many gay females do not want males who identify as females next to them in gay bars trying to pick them up. They don't want to deal with them on dating apps. They say they are aggressive and won't take no for an answer. If a gay female says she is not interested in a romance with a trans male to female, because she has a penis, she is called a transphobes, or bigot or other nasty things. Many gay females have been banned from traditional lesbian sites when they express their opinions because the male to female trans have taken over as moderators on those sites.

Plumbing is also important to female high school and college athletes. Many of them don't want to compete with a female who has male genitalia and competed as a male the previous year.

I saw a post yesterday on reddit from a gay female talking about her frustration on dating apps. I looked for it today when I saw this post but couldn't find it, but found another one that is pretty identical.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCritical ... nt_has_me/
I want to fly!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

sunstoned wrote:ETA - I'm so pissed off right now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

Why? It's nothing more than business as usual for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

I was listening to a podcast a few weeks ago. I think it was Eric Weinstein and Sam Harris and they were talking about the transgendered community. Eric said something like - that you need to deal with the intersexed community before the transgendered community and gave the most moving story of a intersexed friend of his and the struggle the friend has had in our society. He said if you fix the problems that the intersexed community is having then the other one will fall into place.
I want to fly!