John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _Maksutov »

Rosebud wrote:Agreed. What’s the point of posting on these threads with me? It gets no one anywhere. It’s one of the stupidest games of pseudo-intellectual or jokester sporting at the expense of another person I’ve witnessed in my lifetime. It makes me wonder at the idiocy of some of the posters.

I’m obviously not going to provide evidence here. I’m not going to cave to insults and pressure. I’ve stated my objectives repeatedly. I’m doing my own thing. I’ve said again and again that I’m generally not here to use this as a discussion board. I’m usually not talking to the board or the posters here. Yet some people simply cannot help but continue on in the discussion which obviously isn’t happening.

I don’t see why someone in my position would be stupid enough to discuss these things openly here? Of course you’re not getting answers. Sometimes when people here question my intelligence while they’re insulting my for not giving them what they want, I roll my eyes. The irony.

My take is that if you want to speculate, insult or poke fun, fine. I don’t see what that has to do with me (but it tells me a lot about you) and it certainly isn’t the kind of thing I’m going to change my course of action for.

I’m busy.

And I’m taking to John.... and if his current accountant and board are clued in enough with what’s happening right now, then I’m talking to them. I have no idea why Kish keeps posting. Some of the newbies, okay. But Kish is intelligent in his own way. And although it will insult her to read this (which is why I haven’t said it before... I try not to be a jerk back), I work to have compassion for Lemmie. I don’t know why she doesn’t give up on insulting someone who isn’t going to change for her. I guess it makes her feel good??? I don’t really know and frankly, I don’t care.

I have more important things to do. Seems to me it would be smarter for everyone to avoid these threads.

Right now, pressuring John is my objective. He knows that. I know that. The people who matter in the real discussion (which is not happening here) know that. Everybody else is extra. Join if you want, but..... Idk. You think I’m weird? This doesn’t have anything to do with you.

I think you're a damned liar. And don't pretend you don't care or you wouldn't be here. You are a jerk. You're disgusting. You "have more important things to do" but here you are. A damned obsessed liar. Did John not kiss your ass? Are you jealous of John? Are you really trying to take John down because previous "hit pieces" didn't do it? Are you trying to mess up this board? Everything you're doing benefits the LDS church. I'm calling you out. I'm not avoiding your thread, I'm going to label it lies and character assassination for the benefit of the Mormon hierarchy. You're not just a fraud, you're a vicious fraud. :razz:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:And although it will insult her to read this (which is why I haven’t said it before... I try not to be a jerk back), I work to have compassion for Lemmie. I don’t know why she doesn’t give up on insulting someone who isn’t going to change for her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Surprise, surprise, I’m not insulted at all! It is telling, however, that when I express my opinions on what she is posting, she defines herself as being insulted. Disagreement = personal insult for her?
Rosebud wrote:I don’t see why someone in my position would be stupid enough to discuss these things openly here?

:rolleyes: We agree on that.

And I’m taking to John....

:lol: i assume you mean talking? On the other hand, that’s a great Freudian slip! Although when one ‘takes to’ another person, thankfully it doesn’t usually include quite the level of creepy stalkerishness that you engage in.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Rosebud wrote: Seems to me it would be smarter for everyone to avoid these threads.

It's a discussion board.

This doesn’t have anything to do with you.

It does when you post it here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

You're not just a fraud, you're a vicious fraud.

QFT
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Rosebud wrote:Agreed. What’s the point of posting on these threads with me? It gets no one anywhere. It’s one of the stupidest games of pseudo-intellectual or jokester sporting at the expense of another person I’ve witnessed in my lifetime. It makes me wonder at the idiocy of some of the posters.

I’m obviously not going to provide evidence here. I’m not going to cave to insults and pressure. I’ve stated my objectives repeatedly. I’m doing my own thing. I’ve said again and again that I’m generally not here to use this as a discussion board. I’m usually not talking to the board or the posters here. Yet some people simply cannot help but continue on in the discussion which obviously isn’t happening.

I don’t see why someone in my position would be stupid enough to discuss these things openly here? Of course you’re not getting answers. Sometimes when people here question my intelligence while they’re insulting my for not giving them what they want, I roll my eyes. The irony.

My take is that if you want to speculate, insult or poke fun, fine. I don’t see what that has to do with me (but it tells me a lot about you) and it certainly isn’t the kind of thing I’m going to change my course of action for.

I’m busy.

And I’m taking to John.... and if his current accountant and board are clued in enough with what’s happening right now, then I’m talking to them. I have no idea why Kish keeps posting. Some of the newbies, okay. But Kish is intelligent in his own way. And although it will insult her to read this (which is why I haven’t said it before... I try not to be a jerk back), I work to have compassion for Lemmie. I don’t know why she doesn’t give up on insulting someone who isn’t going to change for her. I guess it makes her feel good??? I don’t really know and frankly, I don’t care.

I have more important things to do. Seems to me it would be smarter for everyone to avoid these threads.

Right now, pressuring John is my objective. He knows that. I know that. The people who matter in the real discussion (which is not happening here) know that. Everybody else is extra. Join if you want, but..... Idk. You think I’m weird? This doesn’t have anything to do with you.

I feel soooo.... used! sniff
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:Right now, pressuring John is my objective. He knows that. I know that. The people who matter in the real discussion (which is not happening here) know that.

So what you’re posting here is not the real discussion, why do it then?

And I doubt Dehlin feels any pressure from what you’re doing here. If anything, your stalking him here is removing any pressure there might be, because your method delegitimizes your comments.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Lemmie wrote:So what you’re posting here is not the real discussion, why do it then?

And I doubt Dehlin feels any pressure from what you’re doing here. If anything, your stalking him here is removing any pressure there might be, because your method delegitimizes your comments.

Damn skippy! Her posts here undermine her credibility. If I were John, I would probably ignore her or feel relieved by her Trumpian defense methods.

“Let me find a new way to shoot myself in the foot!”
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:It's a discussion board.

That doesn't mean it cannot be used as a vehicle to launch attack after attack in a personal vendetta.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Kishkumen wrote:The difference between Rosebud and Jason Bourne on the issue of NFPs and taxes is that Jason Bourne is a tax professional who knows what he is talking about.

Rosebud wrote:So therefore Jason Bourne knows it’s okay for a 501(c)3 to siphon tax-deductible donations to a podcast host. That’s what nonprofits are for.

The difference between Jason Bourne and me (and John for that matter) is that John and I both know why Arizona is significant. Jason Bourne doesn’t.

All of this means, John, that your choice is to come more clean now... or not. What’s your move?

A 501(c)(3)'s activities are closely monitored by IRS. About 10 years ago the Form 990 was revamped and has become a very large form with many questions and required disclosures. If an NFP violates the purpose of its charter it can lose its tax exempt status and face penalties. There is absolutely no prohibition that an NFP cannot do podcasts if that is part of its stated purpose and the podcasts further the cause of the NFP. There is nothing untoward about an executive that runs and manages the NFP taking a salary. One can argue whether the salary is justified and donors can opt not to contribute if they feel such a salary is too high. Heck look at what the CEOs of many NFP hospitals make. Multi million dollar a year salaries.

If an NFP has income unrelated to its purpose that allows it to be tax free there is a tax on such income called Unrelated Business Tax or UBT. You mention that Dehlin has set up an LLC that may pay The Mormon Stories Foundation a fee for use of the NFPs material. Again this is not uncommon at all.

Anyway I have no idea what you are talking about regarding Arizona.