John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

John, release your finances

Post by _Rosebud »

I am aware that you're personally taking an income of $250,000.

Today, in the last seven minutes of your Facebook Live interview with the ex-Scientology activist, you made a plea for donations within the context of pointing out how ex-Mormons had previously pledged 10% of their income for life. You talked about how it is important to continue to
"pay it forward" after leaving Mormonism.

You emphasized that donations to Mormon Stories are completely tax deductible and that the Open Stories Foundation is completely transparent in its finances.

The Open Stories Foundation is not transparent.

-->The Open Stories Foundation has not released its most recent finances. You are LATE. <--

Please release.

Thank you.

Edits: using care
________

LINK
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Johnny isn’t here Mrs Torrance.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Did you ever hear of this verse in the Bible?

"All right, say 'Shibboleth.'" If he said, "Sibboleth," because he could not pronounce the word correctly, they seized him and killed him at the fords of the Jordan. Forty-two thousand Ephraimites were killed at that time.

Got. DAYUM. Dem Jewbs were mean as a one-eyed junkyard dog, mang. I mean, “F”. 42 THOUSAND. Just for mispronouncing a word. I swear our favorite lolcow had a post about, uh, shhhhhibboleths once.

Anyhoo.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Maybe you could accuse John of being a cereal killer. Even if the accusation is flakey, you could do it for Kix. No need to be rice on this forum.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

“John, Release Your Finances” sounds like a song by The Smiths
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Hope you're doing well Rosebud
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I have a question wrote:“John, Release Your Finances” sounds like a song by The Smiths

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

John? John who?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

cwald wrote:John? John who?

In the Great Watercooler Romance, John was the kisser and Rosebud was the kissee.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

moksha wrote:
cwald wrote:John? John who?

In the Great Watercooler Romance, John was the kisser and Rosebud was the kissee.

In the Great Sleepwalker Scrape, John was the grabber and she was the grabbee. Can't remember which version I ended up believing though.