David B is David Bokovoy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Stem
_Emeritus

David B is David Bokovoy

Post by _Stem »

Or is he?

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

In the Indigent Jeweler about Snipe thread of comments on Peterson's blog, David B felt the need to chime in about how foolish sounding Nibley's analogy is when trying to apply to the Book of Mormon. Well that really got Dan and Midgley concerned about David B being David Bokovoy again.

Some of the exchange:

David B
No, what a silly string of assumptions. But again remember, I'm not David Bokovoy. I'm one of the many other David Bs this world houses.

Peterson chimes in:

Are you David Bokovoy?

David B responds:
I'm not David Bokovoy

Peterson:
But ARE you?

David B:
Huh? Are you repeatedly asking as some sort of philosophical game? I am not.

Midgely comes back:
If not? Why not just identify yourself and settle the matter.

David B:
Are you skeptical? Do you really think I am THE David Bokovoy? I am not. There are millions of David Bs in the world. David Bokovoy is one and I am one. We are two different people. That should be quite obvious by now. I don't hold the smarts nor the patience that he does.

Midge:
Millions of David Bs in the world? Who just happen to opine on Dan's blog and who are suddenly hostile to the Church of Jesus Christ? Now this new slithery David B is a tad bit modest about his intellectual fire power and patience. Could such thing just happen? This new apostate David B could easily settle this matter. Why not just do it, if these two apostate David Bs are really not the same one?

David B:
I just did settle it. what more might you want? I happen to be one of millions of David Bs. I also might be one of a hundred David Bs who happened to have been an active member of the Church and is no longer. Do you want to know my middle name? it is Troy. Do you want to know my mom's maiden name? it is Black. Would you like to meet for lunch later today? Maybe we can get Dr Peterson there and we can eat a ham sandwich or a salad. I might order something vegan and opine on the failures of the various versions of the DH, just because. Or if you are busy and all of that you can accept that I"m not David Bokovoy and we can move on.

This is edge of the seat type of stuff here. Can't wait to see how long this is going to go on for. Maybe they ( :twisted: ) will meet for lunch.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: David B is David Bokovoy

Post by _Fence Sitter »

We had another thread on this and I am pretty sure Dr. Bokovoy posted on his Facebook account that it was not him.

Found it. Here is the Facebook post. MsJack posted it.

Hey. This is David Bokovoy here. Someone just sent me a PM on this thread. I haven't read the original post nor have I read more than a couple of the comments, and I'm not going to. I spent the evening playing Rock and Roll and the blues with my band, and I'm now sitting here enjoying a cold beer with friends. Life is so good. I encourage you all to move on and be peaceful and loving.

In terms of Midgley's assessment that I am an apostate, I'm not sure that his title is completely accurate. It is certainly true that he and I once attended the same church, but I'm convinced we never practiced the same religion.

Everyone be good to each other.

See here.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Fence Sitter wrote:We had another thread on this and I am pretty sure Dr. Bokovoy posted on his Facebook account that it was not him.

Found it. Here is the Facebook post. MsJack posted it.

Hey. This is David Bokovoy here. Someone just sent me a PM on this thread. I haven't read the original post nor have I read more than a couple of the comments, and I'm not going to. I spent the evening playing Rock and Roll and the blues with my band, and I'm now sitting here enjoying a cold beer with friends. Life is so good. I encourage you all to move on and be peaceful and loving.

In terms of Midgley's assessment that I am an apostate, I'm not sure that his title is completely accurate. It is certainly true that he and I once attended the same church, but I'm convinced we never practiced the same religion.

Everyone be good to each other.

See here.

I know. I just brought it up because it came back up on Sic et non.

I'm David B
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

OMG funny.

Well, I don't know about you, but if someone accused me of being Dr. Bokovoy, I would be really complimented.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Stem wrote:Or is he?

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

In the Indigent Jeweler about Snipe thread of comments on Peterson's blog, David B felt the need to chime in about how foolish sounding Nibley's analogy is when trying to apply to the Book of Mormon. Well that really got Dan and Midgley concerned about David B being David Bokovoy again.

Some of the exchange:

David B
No, what a silly string of assumptions. But again remember, I'm not David Bokovoy. I'm one of the many other David Bs this world houses.

Peterson chimes in:

Are you David Bokovoy?

David B responds:
I'm not David Bokovoy

Peterson:
But ARE you?

David B:
Huh? Are you repeatedly asking as some sort of philosophical game? I am not.

Midgely comes back:
If not? Why not just identify yourself and settle the matter.

David B:
Are you skeptical? Do you really think I am THE David Bokovoy? I am not. There are millions of David Bs in the world. David Bokovoy is one and I am one. We are two different people. That should be quite obvious by now. I don't hold the smarts nor the patience that he does.

Midge:
Millions of David Bs in the world? Who just happen to opine on Dan's blog and who are suddenly hostile to the Church of Jesus Christ? Now this new slithery David B is a tad bit modest about his intellectual fire power and patience. Could such thing just happen? This new apostate David B could easily settle this matter. Why not just do it, if these two apostate David Bs are really not the same one?

David B:
I just did settle it. what more might you want? I happen to be one of millions of David Bs. I also might be one of a hundred David Bs who happened to have been an active member of the Church and is no longer. Do you want to know my middle name? it is Troy. Do you want to know my mom's maiden name? it is Black. Would you like to meet for lunch later today? Maybe we can get Dr Peterson there and we can eat a ham sandwich or a salad. I might order something vegan and opine on the failures of the various versions of the DH, just because. Or if you are busy and all of that you can accept that I"m not David Bokovoy and we can move on.

This is edge of the seat type of stuff here. Can't wait to see how long this is going to go on for. Maybe they ( :twisted: ) will meet for lunch.

:lol:
They are a paranoid bunch over there. Or maybe it’s just that apologists tout so many parallelisms as evidence that they can no longer see that a coincidence is just that-a coincidence.

And of course, Midgley just assumes that at the True Center of the Universe, i.e. his teeny tiny self in his teeny tiny church, there simply are NO COINCIDENCES.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I asked a question to help get to the bottom of this mystery. Hopefully, David B. replies so we can satisfy the doubts of all concerned.

Additionally, the Ancestry.com idea might work. That company helped identify the paternal donations of that Idaho Temple President in the news.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

So, basically, Dr. Midgley is unable to identify if arguments against an aspect of Mormonism (that he is unable to easily counter) are coming from an average person, or someone with a PhD in a relevant field of study.
Last edited by Reflexzero on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Of course, the desire to know the identity of all participants on a message board so that the faithful can retaliate against them sounds Danite-like alarming.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

moksha wrote:I asked a question to help get to the bottom of this mystery. Hopefully, David B. replies so we can satisfy the doubts of all concerned.

Additionally, the Ancestry.com idea might work. That company helped identify the paternal donations of that Idaho Temple President in the news.

Those were some excellent suggestions. It is absolutely imperative we get to the bottom of this, and what better way to get there by asking about what to smoke.

David B responded:

I've gone vegan (as of this morning), so given the choice I'd have to go with blunt. I'd donate a vile of my blood for a test if needed

inconclusive? We might need to go the blood test route.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Doctor Steuss wrote:So, basically, Dr. Midgley is unable to identify if arguments against an aspect of Mormonism (that he is unable to easily counter) are coming from an average person, or someone with a Ph.D. in a relevant field of study.

Average person? you bastard. How dare you. (oh oops that was supposed to be a question mark. Only an average person would make the mistake)