More Good Foundation

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: More Good Foundation

Post by _Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:Kish, I think it’s a real stretch to infer a connection between that sentence on the MGF website and Smokey.

I don’t think so, RI. It may not be correct, but were you here for the days of Simon Belmont? Scientology employs people to cause chaos on discussion boards that are predominantly critical in nature. I don’t think it is at all outside the realm of possibility that the MGF took up similar efforts and let trolls loose on critics’ discussion boards.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Too bad they aren't more than a dot next to the More-Money Church. :eek:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:Conspiracy theories are promulgated to destroy reasoned discussion or, more crudely, any conversation those in power do not want to see.

So, those in power are the ones who create conspiracy theories? If so, why is that, since conspiracy theories primarily trash-talk those in power?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:Kish, I think it’s a real stretch to infer a connection between that sentence on the MGF website and Smokey.

I don’t think so, RI. It may not be correct, but were you here for the days of Simon Belmont? Scientology employs people to cause chaos on discussion boards that are predominantly critical in nature. I don’t think it is at all outside the realm of possibility that the MGF took up similar efforts and let trolls loose on critics’ discussion boards.

Not impossible? Sure. Worth considering???

I’ve heard about Belmont. And I may have read some older stuff back from when he posted. But I don’t remember interacting with him. Did the MGF recruit him to disrupt the board? (I’m not asking for references — I’ll take your word for it.

What makes no sense to me is that an orthodox LDS member would portray the LDS Church as a strand of Christian Identity. That would cause far more damage than any LDS critic could. That leads me to think he’s one of many flavors of fringe Mormon, if he’s Mormon at all.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:So, those in power are the ones who create conspiracy theories? If so, why is that, since conspiracy theories primarily trash-talk those in power?

Not at all. The powerful now utilize them in an organized way to wage information warfare. I never said they are the ones solely responsible for the mere existence of conspiracy theories.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Master_DC
_Emeritus

Post by _Master_DC »

Not sure if it has been posted here before, but the financials for the MGF are interesting. Their website states that the LDS Foundation is a donor, $175,000 in the 2018 listing (most recent), but Deseret Trust donated $1,000,000. DT was the second largest donor to the MGF. Does anyone know why DT would donate to MGF?

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/203385036/05_2019_prefixes_20-20%2F203385036_201806_990PF_2019051516301560
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Master_DC wrote:Not sure if it has been posted here before, but the financials for the MGF are interesting. Their website states that the LDS Foundation is a donor, $175,000 in the 2018 listing (most recent), but Deseret Trust donated $1,000,000. DT was the second largest donor to the MGF. Does anyone know why DT would donate to MGF?

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/203385036/05_2019_prefixes_20-20%2F203385036_201806_990PF_2019051516301560

Thanks, Master_DC. This is very interesting.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Master_DC wrote:Not sure if it has been posted here before, but the financials for the MGF are interesting. Their website states that the LDS Foundation is a donor, $175,000 in the 2018 listing (most recent), but Deseret Trust donated $1,000,000. DT was the second largest donor to the MGF. Does anyone know why DT would donate to MGF?

Just a guess, but it could be a directed gift through DT to the foundation.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:What makes no sense to me is that an orthodox LDS member would portray the LDS Church as a strand of Christian Identity. That would cause far more damage than any LDS critic could. That leads me to think he’s one of many flavors of fringe Mormon, if he’s Mormon at all.

I don't see it as unusual that there could exist a good number of 'fringe' LDS that are ripe for the proper grooming that a CI-aligned ideology provides. Head on over to the LDS Freedom Forum and check out comments from some of the regulars. Here's a recent one from 'Thinker' (that board's Amore) sporting some of the same elements pushed by Smokey here:

Jewish doctrine in the Talmud expresses hate toward, and wants to KILL, anyone not Jewish. Maybe that’s why so-called Jews have backed abortions, homosexuality, and unjust wars, as they have.

The homosexual movement has used the rainbow to try to make homosexuality look “gay/happy.” The homosexual movement is largely backed by so-called Jews. The Jewish 7 Laws of Noah, & hatred of “goyum”/non-Jews) had the rainbow as its symbol, which is being used as an excuse to kill non-Jews, in the book written recently, “How to Kill Goyim (non-Jews) and Influence People.”

The relatively few real Jews are suppressed because they dared object to fake Jews stealing Israel because their scripture warns them God would curse them if they took it unjustly. Most so called “Jews” are not ethnically Jewish and statistically most are Atheist or don’t adhere to Judaism - but they sure get away with a lot under the protection of “anti-semitic” laws.

* Revelation 2:9
“I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.”

* Revelation 3:9
“Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.”

Some would gaslight anyone who suggests there are people in positions of power and influence who truly want to massively reduce the world’s population and create their own delusional global order (tyranny). Some conspiracy theories are based on unjustified paranoia, but the “guidestones” in the US state of Georgia have as their 1st goal - written in Hebrew - to reduce the population to 500 million. ‪https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones‬

It seems quite clear that homosexuality is one way to accomplish that goal. Not only do people practicing homosexuality suffer more and die younger, they also don’t procreate.

Third post down on page 25:

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 0&p=982399
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Thanks, canpakes. I did cruise the LDSFF looking for evidence of CI influence, but missed Thinker's gem.