Washington Post: Mormon Church has misled members on finance

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Washington Post: Mormon Church has misled members on fin

Post by _Shulem »

Pay your tithing. The church needs the funds.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I give all that I have.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The church can't afford janitorial service. Faithful members of the church must step up and do the work. And pay your tithing too.

_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Shulem wrote: The church can't afford janitorial service. Faithful members of the church must step up and do the work. And pay your tithing too.

Right. This has got to sting the average Mormon. All those Saturday's at church scrubbing toilets. Oh god how I heard the bitching and complaining, but, we have to sacrifice for the lord. I remember when they fired all the janitors. It was a big deal in the ward I grew up in because it took the livelihood away of an elderly couple in town. Ouch.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Shulem wrote:I want my ____ money back, Goddamnit!

:evil:

Yep.

I calculated a rough guesstimate of the amount of tithing I had donated during my lifetime to the church a couple years ago. It came out to about 87 thousand dollars. That is not including fast offerings and other donations. Oh god, I REALLY wish I could get my money back.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

cwald wrote:Right. This has got to sting the average Mormon. All those Saturday's at church scrubbing toilets. Oh god how I heard the bitching and complaining, but, we have to sacrifice for the lord. I remember when they fired all the janitors. It was a big deal in the ward I grew up in because it took the livelihood away of an elderly couple in town. Ouch.

And all along the church had more than enough money to fund professional janitorial service for every church building in the entire world. There was more than enough money! The church leaders basically lied and deceived the members into thinking that the Lord wanted the members to go down and scrub the toilets. The whole thing was a lie just like the Explanations of the Facsimiles of the Book of Abraham and the apologetic lies regarding the Egyptian papyri. The Mormons apostles are dirty liars!

Liars!

Sue the Mormon church!

Tax the Mormon church!

Picket the Mormon church!

:mad:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

cwald wrote:I calculated a rough guesstimate of the amount of tithing I had donated during my lifetime to the church a couple years ago. It came out to about 87 thousand dollars. That is not including fast offerings and other donations. Oh god, I REALLY wish I could get my money back.

Goddamnit!

:mad:

I feel your pain.

:evil:

That damned church deserves what ever it has coming its way. Karma is coming and the church is going to pay for its crimes.

:twisted:

Head on down to the telestial board and get some revenge.

SECOND TOKEN OF THE MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD

Mocking the Mormon temple gives me pleasure!

:twisted:

:lol:
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Why are the exmos that find themselves in the spotlight always such insufferable fools?

https://www.newsweek.com/mormons-heres- ... le-1478084
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Water Dog wrote:Why are the exmos that find themselves in the spotlight always such insufferable fools?

Which parts of that article led you to conclude that he is an insufferable fool? 'Cause he came across to me as the exact opposite.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Water Dog wrote:Why are the exmos that find themselves in the spotlight always such insufferable fools?

https://www.newsweek.com/mormons-heres- ... le-1478084

Because they are so tangled up over their experience in the Church? Lars really screwed the pooch in multiple ways. He should have remained mostly behind the scenes.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist