Boy Scout Merit Badge--Bankruptcy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Boy Scout Merit Badge--Bankruptcy

Post by _Holy Ghost »

The LDS church's long-time affiliated organization, the Boy Scouts of America, is now blazing the way through bankruptcy court. Like civics, perhaps now they'll offer a merit badge for bankruptcy. I guess financial woes is one 'sin' the Mormon church just can't forgive.

My aging Eagle Scout award seems rather tarnished by this morning's filing by BSA for bankruptcy relief.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Boy Scout Merit Badge--Bankruptcy

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Boy Scouts of America has filed for bankruptcy protection as it faces a barrage of sex-abuse lawsuits. The organization could be forced to sell off some of its vast property holdings to raise money for a compensation fund that could surpass $1 billion.
- AP Twitter

I’m an Eagle Scout, too. Weirdly I don’t really care if they continue on in one form or another. I’m not sure why I feel that way. It could have something to do with mismanagement, or sex abuse, or cultural shifts. It could have something to do with it’s inability to be interesting in the 21st century. I dunno.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Bankruptcy will help the Scouting organization emerge stronger and better. That is my hope.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The LDS church could save them from this. But they'd rather buy more real estate.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Maksutov wrote:The LDS church could save them from this. But they'd rather buy more real estate.

Because they are a business not a church. They are a cult not a religion.

I wonder how many little boys and girls have been molested by priesthood leaders over the years? I'd love to see the church face their accusers. The church thinks it's so righteous and perfect when really it's a wretched organization -- filthy, and run by evil leaders who don't give a damn about people. The Mormon church is not a Christian church. It's a church of lying and deceit. NelSatan is an evil man.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Maksutov wrote:The LDS church could save them from this. But they'd rather buy more real estate.

The church has been quietly buying up Boy Scout lands during the past year. On sale.
_oliblish
_Emeritus

Post by _oliblish »

Dr Moore wrote:

The church has been quietly buying up Boy Scout lands during the past year. On sale.

Not a bad strategy. Pull support for the Boy Scouts and then when they go under buy up their assets at fire sale prices. Sounds like something a corporate raider would do.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

Holy Ghost wrote:The LDS church's long-time affiliated organization, the Boy Scouts of America, is now blazing the way through bankruptcy court. Like civics, perhaps now they'll offer a merit badge for bankruptcy. I guess financial woes is one 'sin' the Mormon church just can't forgive.

My aging Eagle Scout award seems rather tarnished by this morning's filing by BSA for bankruptcy relief.

On a sliding scale of abuse, taking the breach of trust into the equation, I'd put the Mormon church between the Boy Scouts and the Catholic Church.

https://www.theonion.com/catholic-churc ... 1836702707
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

toon wrote:On a sliding scale of abuse, taking the breach of trust into the equation, I'd put the Mormon church between the Boy Scouts and the Catholic Church.

The Mormon Cult is guilty as sin. How many cases do you think have been swept under the rug in the last 50 years to protect the so-called good name of the Church?

Oh blessed, Karma, mother goddess of all! Hear the words of Shulem! Bring forth Karma upon the Mormon Church and make that bitch pay for its crimes. Strip the whore of her beautiful clothes and expose her for what she is.

Cursed be the Mormon church!

:twisted:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shulem wrote:I wonder how many little boys and girls have been molested by priesthood leaders over the years?

Look, just because someone is an Eagle Scout does not mean they like taking it from the rear. That is a rumor started by those unable to properly operate divining rods!!!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace