Joseph Bishop passed away

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Bishop passed away

Post by _peacemaker »

Lemmie wrote:Bizarrely wrong on so many levels and in so many directions.

I do find it interesting that a self-professed Mormon would defend a married man not only breaking his marriage vows, but also, in the context of his religious calling, sexually harassing those over whom he had power. So many Mormon sins are wrapped up in Bishop’s behavior.

God hates the sin, but loves the sinner. You anti-mormons defend false rape accusers and protect sexual predators like Bill Clinton. You have no morals and worship the father of all lies. You anti-mormons accused Joseph Bishop of criminal rape.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

peacemaker wrote:
I have a question wrote:The Church didn’t have a policy for dealing with adultery in the 1980’s? That’s what you’re going with?

Liberal universities did not have such policies in the 1980s. The MTC did have such policies, but the church did not know that Joseph Bishop was breaking the law of Chasity.

Oh, so you are excusing a mission President sleeping with and sexually harassing missionaries he had power over— because he hid it well? Smart of him to have that basement room with the bed and vcr hidden away then.

Recall your statement:

You anti-mormons judge Joseph Bishop with modern standards.

Wrong. He broke his own church’s rules, in a despicable manner. He hurt people, and lived a lie.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

peacemaker wrote:
Lemmie wrote:Bizarrely wrong on so many levels and in so many directions.

I do find it interesting that a self-professed Mormon would defend a married man not only breaking his marriage vows, but also, in the context of his religious calling, sexually harassing those over whom he had power. So many Mormon sins are wrapped up in Bishop’s behavior.

God hates the sin, but loves the sinner. You anti-mormons defend false rape accusers and protect sexual predators like Bill Clinton. You have no morals and worship the father of all lies. You anti-mormons accused Joseph Bishop of criminal rape.

You know, maybe it’s not ldsfaqs. There are no CAPS in that sentence. But Shade’s rule about egregious use of “you people” phrases should hold, right? Can we get this troll booted down to Telestial?
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

Lemmie wrote:Oh, so you are excusing a mission President sleeping with and sexually harassing missionaries he had power over— because he hid it well? Smart of him to have that basement room with the bed and vcr hidden away then.

Recall your statement:

Wrong. He broke his own church’s rules, in a despicable manner. He hurt people, and lived a lie.

Mckenna seduced Joseph Bishop and other missionaries. It was common the 1980s. Joseph Bishop repented of his sins before he died, and I know God will forgive Mckenna Denson if she repents. You anti-mormons did not originally say it was sexual harassment, you said it was rape. You anti-mormons will do and say everything to attack the church.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

Lemmie wrote:You know, maybe it’s not ldsfaqs. There are no CAPS in that sentence. But Shade’s rule about egregious use of “you people” phrases should hold, right? Can we get this troll booted down to Telestial?

I know that I will go to the celestial kingdom. Goodbye anti-mormons. You know the truth.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:Oh, so you are excusing a mission President sleeping with and sexually harassing missionaries he had power over— because he hid it well? Smart of him to have that basement room with the bed and vcr hidden away then.

Recall your statement:

peacemaker wrote:Mckenna seduced Joseph Bishop and other missionaries. It was common the 1980s. Joseph Bishop repented of his sins before he died, and I know God will forgive Mckenna Denson if she repents. You anti-mormons did not originally say it was sexual harassment, you said it was rape. You anti-mormons will do and say everything to attack the church.

Wow. I really can’t believe that your excuse for Bishop is that he was “seduced”. You really don’t understand the rules of your religion.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

peacemaker wrote:
Lemmie wrote:You know, maybe it’s not ldsfaqs. There are no CAPS in that sentence. But Shade’s rule about egregious use of “you people” phrases should hold, right? Can we get this troll booted down to Telestial?

I know that I will go to the celestial kingdom. Goodbye anti-mormons. You know the truth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: A troll is retiring a sock puppet? We can only hope.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote: the church did not know that Joseph Bishop was breaking the law of Chasity.

Of course the Church didn't know because the Church is stupid. No power of discernment at all. Not even Mormon Man-god knew. Oh, and it's easy to fool a Mormon prophet and the Mormon Man-god. They are stoopid.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Ah, the return of the pissmaker. Fact and irony free. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:God hates the sin, but loves the sinner.

Really? Does he love me when I'm making love to my gay husband? Shall I wave my hand and say "Hi God, I'm making love, look at me"!

Does God watch with both eyes open? Does he close one eye? Does he squint and pretend not to watch? Does he close his eyes?

Elohim Man God! Look at me!

:lol: