DCP: Homophobia is "a nonsense word."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: DCP: Homophobia is "a nonsense word."

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I wonder how many times he’s checked this thread (AND BOARD!) and thus we’ll see some claim on sic et non of some critic criticizing poor Mr. Peterson and his pedanticisms.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Smokey
_Emeritus

Post by _Smokey »

Have you ever heard the story of Julian the Apostate?

It’s one of the most convincing miracles in Christianity. Julian was angry at God for showing him his weaknesses, and he allied himself with the Jews and attempted to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, disproving Christ’s prophecy.

This didn’t go as planned.

As soon as the foundation was laid, an earthquake rocked the site so hard the Earth split open, fireballs shout out, burning and swallowing men whole. This event is attested to by Christian, Jewish, and Pagan sources.
Dr Shades is Jason Gallentine
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I wonder how many times he’s checked this thread (AND BOARD!) and thus we’ll see some claim on sic et non of some critic criticizing poor Mr. Peterson and his pedanticisms.

- Doc

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ction.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Right on que isn't he? :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Right on que isn't he? :lol:

How about Dan-the-man comment on King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head?

What's the name?
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

What on earth is he talking about?:

DCP wrote:But please understand that I don't disapprove of "homosexuality" as such any more or in any different sense than I disapprove of male pattern baldness or obsessive-compulsive disorder or left-handedness or a German accent or near-sightedness.

Like those things, it simply is. It has no moral significance in and of itself.

Elsewhere, he says that "bigot" is really the better word to describe the kinds of attitudes he embraces. All righty, then--whatever shoe fits!
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Speaking of nonsense, this comment is just irresponsible:

Michael Hoggan • an hour ago • edited

The impression I get from the APA (American Psychological Association) is that if you have a teenage son who plays video games an average of three hours a day, that your son is an addict and is in desparate need of therapy.

However, if your teenage daughter wants to have sex with the girls on the cheerleading squad, that you have a responsibility as a parent to encourage her. If you do not encourage her, you are labelled as a homophobe and instructed that you are in need of therapy.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4824450106

_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Lemmie wrote:Speaking of nonsense, this comment is just irresponsible:

Michael Hoggan • an hour ago • edited

The impression I get from the APA (American Psychological Association) is that if you have a teenage son who plays video games an average of three hours a day, that your son is an addict and is in desparate need of therapy.

However, if your teenage daughter wants to have sex with the girls on the cheerleading squad, that you have a responsibility as a parent to encourage her. If you do not encourage her, you are labelled as a homophobe and instructed that you are in need of therapy.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4824450106

I have a new acronym I am going to parade in public. TTLS (That's Trump Level Stupid)
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

So let’s get this straight.

1. BYU changes policy and HCO allows homosocial behavior. BYU students and many faculty rejoice in progress toward becoming more Christlike. And... Peterson and cohorts are utterly silent on the matter for two long weeks.

2. BYU has that policy reversed back to original form by CES leadership. BYU student body fractures and protests ensue. More than $30k is raised in 3 days to help traumatized LGBTQ students offset transfer fees to apply to other schools. Faculty and senior administrators are in tears in closed door meetings (source: confidential), themselves feeling betrayed by church leadership. Queer students and their families and friends are apoplectic all over social media. Steve Young, who bears the school’s namesake tweets support for BYU’s marginalized LGBTQ students. And... Peterson claims he hasn’t hardly noticed a damn thing, labels homophobia a nonsense word and offers two extremely lame treatises explaining why he’s right.

Someone needs to get off their phone or laptop and go outside and give some students a hug. For God’s sake man, take a break from the pharisaical blogging and go do something helpful.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Moore wrote:
2. BYU has that policy reversed back to original form by CES leadership. BYU student body fractures and protests ensue. More than $30k is raised in 3 days to help traumatized LGBTQ students offset transfer fees to apply to other schools. Faculty and senior administrators are in tears in closed door meetings (source: confidential), themselves feeling betrayed by church leadership. Queer students and their families and friends are apoplectic all over social media. Steve Young, who bears the school’s namesake tweets support for BYU’s marginalized LGBTQ students. And... Peterson claims he hasn’t hardly noticed a damn thing, labels homophobia a nonsense word and offers two extremely lame treatises explaining why he’s right.

Someone needs to get off their phone or laptop and go outside and give some students a hug. For God’s sake man, take a break from the pharisaical blogging and go do something helpful.

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.