Is SeN Putting Utah At Risk For The Corona Virus?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Is SeN Putting Utah At Risk For The Corona Virus?

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

One of SeN’s most prolific participants is Sam LeFevre. Sam posts comments on SeN throughout the day and at all times.

What many of you may not know is that Sam is the Operations Chief, Utah Department of Heath for the COVID19 response.

Basically, Sam is responsible for preventing the spread of the Corona virus for Utah.

Call me crazy, but I’m a little concerned Sam is spending so much time on SeN during this critical time. Maybe Sam’s time could be better spent actually focusing 100% on protecting Utah from the Corona virus. Not to mention that his job is taxpayer funded.

Sam, more time on Corona and less time on SeN, please.

Here is a rare picture of Sam actually working and not spending his time on SeN:

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Is SeN Putting Utah At Risk For The Corona Virus?

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Utah is full of disease transmission centers called “chapels.” They contain an efficient method of transmission called the sacrament. And a healing ceremony that involves close contact.

Read up on South Korea and Iran, Sam.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:One of SeN’s most prolific participants is Sam LeFevre. Sam posts comments on SeN throughout the day and at all times.

What many of you may not know is that Sam is the Operations Chief, Utah Department of Heath for the COVID19 response.

Basically, Sam is responsible for preventing the spread of the Corona virus for Utah.

Call me crazy, but I’m a little concerned Sam is spending so much time on SeN during this critical time. Maybe Sam’s time could be better spent actually focusing 100% on protecting Utah from the Corona virus. Not to mention that his job is taxpayer funded.

Sam, more time on Corona and less time on SeN, please.

Here is a rare picture of Sam actually working and not spending his time on SeN:

[img]https://archive.sltrib.com/images/2014/0509/vernalstudy_050914~2.jpg[/im g]

Oh good grief. You are talking about this guy:

I don't think we know what pre-historic (by definition no record) and pre-sapien homonids did. We can make assumptions. But don't equate your assumption as a factual challenge to my comment.

With that concession, however, I do stand by my claim. The uptick in homosexuality correlates very very tightly with the introduction of certain environmental toxins, which as a pretending toxicologist, I know lead to fetal hormonal disruption and adverse development endpoints.

and

There is no evidence that God endowed individuals with homosexual tendencies.

There is evidence that our toxic environment full of fetal hormonal disruptors damaged development of heterosexual tendencies.

I prefer my scientists to speak about science without inserting a "god" into the mix.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Funny, I noticed the "environmental toxins" comment but I pictured the guy as like a 30-something low-ranking biologist guy somewhere. Holy crap.

His comments are some of the most uninformed on SeN.

Of course, as I always tell myself, compartmentalization is a real thing, and it's entirely possible for a person to be competent in their field but then totally nuts otherwise.

I'm surprised the folks on SeN think coronavirus is real, given they think science is such a sham.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Maybe this works for states like Utah, but out here on the East Coast, we expect scientists to speak like scientists.

2) Assuming that the Mayan culture is a part of the Book of Mormon culture - and no one I know of has locked onto that assumption as anything more than the best assumption at the present. Then:

That's Sam LeFevre. If that came out of the mouth of a scientist at my University, he'd be laughed off the campus. The compartmentalization would have to be ironclad for that to pass.

On a personal level, a "scientist" who believes that has no credibility with me.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Great: this is just what "SeN" needs in order to feel relevant and important for once.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Great: this is just what "SeN" needs in order to feel relevant and important for once.

Yes, but if they have to dirty their hands with science what's going to happen to their faith?! This could be a disaster.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Gadianton wrote:Funny, I noticed the "environmental toxins" comment but I pictured the guy as like a 30-something low-ranking biologist guy somewhere. Holy crap.

His comments are some of the most uninformed on SeN.

Of course, as I always tell myself, compartmentalization is a real thing, and it's entirely possible for a person to be competent in their field but then totally nuts otherwise.

I'm surprised the folks on SeN think coronavirus is real, given they think science is such a sham.

I feel like I may have offended some intelligent Utahns with my comments, but it really is unbelievable that this guy would advertise his professional position, WHILE posting about imaginary supernatural crap, under his real name(!), on a borderline nut-job blog. Do these people not have real careers? Does he not have a reputation he would like to maintain?!??
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Lemmie
Do these people not have real careers? Does he not have a reputation he would like to maintain?!??

Lemmie, the guy is in UTAH..... the ONLY reputation he gives a spit about it his church one. After all, it is now holding $124,000,000,000 bucks in its coffers, so when Covid19 wipes out so many, his cut is going to grow! The only thing that matters to Mormons is the church. All else is superficially attended to or paid attention to.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Elder LeFevre knows that the best defense for the coronavirus is a strong belief in the afterlife and a year's supply of hard wheat in the basement.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace