Cyber Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Cyber Church

Post by _Maksutov »

Here's a thought. Why not have a chunk of the $100B go towards creating a righteous version of Second Life? Call it Celestial Life. Latter Day Life. Whatever the attorneys say.

Of course the church controls the avatars and you have to put something more than bitcoin into it, but you can immerse yourself in divine dramas and be the perfect saint you were always meant to be. :wink: You can hie to Kolob, you can put your shoulder to the wheel, you can even re-enact the Prophet Joseph's prayer session with Fanny in the barn, but there's an extra fee. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Cyber Church

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

That's actually brilliant since you're larping, anyway. Might as well do it from your ipad instead of having to go to a brick and mortar building. Think of the savings for the Church!!!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Maksutov wrote:Here's a thought. Why not have a chunk of the $100B go towards creating a righteous version of Second Life? Call it Celestial Life. Latter Day Life. Whatever the attorneys say.

Of course the church controls the avatars and you have to put something more than bitcoin into it, but you can immerse yourself in divine dramas and be the perfect saint you were always meant to be. :wink: You can hie to Kolob, you can put your shoulder to the wheel, you can even re-enact the Prophet Joseph's prayer session with Fanny in the barn, but there's an extra fee. :lol:
What's the extra fee? It's the only one that interests me.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

THIS is what is coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6ltWPqfpA

--------------------------------

We will see the Cult of GA's putting Jim Bakker, Oral Roberts and the like to shame with what they will come up with once they morph into Online/TV ministries. They will adapt quickly to marketing their own line of jewelry, clothes and the like to make even more money from it and claim GOD told them to do it.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert