The Great Apostasy vs LDS Succession

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The Great Apostasy vs LDS Succession

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:If equal, do they also get to call themselves "Prophets, Seers, and Revelators"?

They aren't entitled to be called such as of today. Tomorrow is another day, however.

If the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve is wiped out and the Seventy steps into power it won't make any difference at all. It would simply be more men assuming titles and pretending to supernatural gifts they don't possess or manifest.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shulem wrote:They aren't entitled to be called such as of today.

Makes sense. Too many prophets, seers, and revelators spoils the broth.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Google God wrote:a·pos·ta·sy
/əˈpästəsē/

The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief

No more polygamy!

Never mind what Brigham Young said. Never mind what John Taylor said. They were speaking as men.

Never mind what Joseph F. Smith said too.

Never mind what NelSatan says today! The man is a fraud. He speaks as a man as directed by his lawyers and advisers.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Today's earthquake caused the Angel Moroni's trumpet to fall off. This, of course, will be the main story tonight on KSL.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_fetchface
_Emeritus

Post by _fetchface »

What pisses me off is the hundreds of times on my mission where I explained the "Great Apostasy" as a simple consequence of the 12 apostles being killed off before they could ordain others.

It just doesn't sit well with me how the church does such a poor job educating the missionaries so they end up teaching these half-baked ideas to everyone and wondering why everyone is too stupid to join their "obviously true" church.

It is just a crappy thing they do, sending kids out with no information to answer all of the questions that they are afraid of. The kids are left to make crap up because they just don't know church doctrine and history. 18-year-old kids are the ones in charge of answering the questions that the leaders wouldn't dare answer. It just pisses me off what cowards the leaders are!
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/