AVOW'S Perspective On The Firing Of Daniel C. Peterson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: AVOW'S Perspective On The Firing Of Daniel C. Peterson

Post by _Maksutov »

AVOW is deeply involved with Chad Daybell and his new wife and also Julie Rowe. They're riding the edge of prepper apostasy.

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=53988
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: AVOW'S Perspective On The Firing Of Daniel C. Peterson

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I've been a member of AVOW for over a year. It is very entertaining, and I certainly get my money's worth (it's around $5 a month to join).

$5 a month, eh? I wonder why the Mopologists don't do that? I mean, we already know the typical reasons they give--i.e., that they don't want to be seen as engaging in priestcraft--and yet, as we know, Dr. Peterson was paid over $20,000 one year to serve as "Chair of FARMS." (I see that he's denying this once again. Does he want me to post a link to the GuideStar site that shows the actual IRS documents?) I think the real reason is that they don't want to scare away any potential supporters. If everything is free, then yeah, sure: at least you are going to attract the Michael Hoggans and John Pack Lamberts of the world. At least *some* people will read your stupid stuff. Sure: of course he will point to somebody like Sam LeFevre, but then again, LeFevre recognizes how much of a clown DCP is, and even had to call him on the carpet for his dimwitted and thoughtless comments re: the coronavirus outbreak.

But what this also shows is that the Meldrum crew commands real power: they charge 5 bucks a month and people are willing to pay it. How many people would stick around if the Mopologists did something similar?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14