Want to know about temple divorce-take a peek!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Want to know about temple divorce-take a peek!

Post by _kairos »

Below is a pix of the online form the church requires the requester to fill out and submit. It is totally over the top in asking that the sin life of the requester before and after the breakup be described in details required.

thumbnail of divorce.png
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Want to know about temple divorce-take a peek!

Post by _sunstoned »

Invasive and creepy.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

D&C wrote:Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.
Apparently not.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Extremely intrusive.
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

TSCC is all about control. The control of every aspect of members lives. To the Q15 control is power, and they cannot surrender any of that.

Their own scriptures condemn them.

That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to acover our bsins, or to gratify our cpride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

D & C 121:37
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Was a major item for my shelf. I didn't have any sins that had been resolved with priesthood authority - but that they were asking for a lists of "sins" despite promises that sins forgiven, were sins forgotten - seemed to toss the "atonement" concept right out the window. It was like "we preach the atonement, but we don't actually believe in in. Now provide us a list of your sins".
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

kairos wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:07 am
Below is a pix of the online form the church requires the requester to fill out and submit. It is totally over the top in asking that the sin life of the requester before and after the breakup be described in details required.

thumbnail of divorce.png
I am dazed at the idea of being able to give a list of 'sins since I was married'. The fact that the COJCoLDS thinks that making such a list is a practical possibility suggests a very different conception of sin from the one I held when I was a believer in a mainstream version of Christianity.

Are they thinking of anything resembling the sort of things one might find in a nightly examination of conscience - which would inevitably contain things best forgotten once confessed to God and forgiven (anger at a person who contradicted you in a work meeting, jealousy about a neighbour's new car... ), or what? Would it just be a list of missed Sacrament Meetings and failure to pay tithes?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The Church is sick and disgusting. The only sins that should be maintained on the books are those required by law such as child molestation cases wherein protecting children supersedes Jesus's stupid atonement. I don't care how many times Jesus died on a cross.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

I’m a little bit fired up here. The church doesn’t have enough bandwidth or available character spaces to list all of mine! But, thank God in heaven for the real High Priest who paid the price for us all, and remembers them no more, as far as the East is from the West. By whom we can boldly and with confidence enter into the very presence of the Father, by the way of the Lamb.

I cannot think of anything whatsoever in the teachings of TCoJCoLDS that would draw one to the all sufficiency of Christ, but instead, draw one away. The lie started in the Garden if Eden with the Deceiver. All an appeal to the pride of man. What does this recipient of the application to cancel sealings think he could do for me? For my sins? He didn’t lay down his life for me, and he certainly has No Authority! Even the teachings of the church that appear on the surface as good, are mixed with lies.
_NorthboundZax
_Emeritus

Post by _NorthboundZax »

After a messy divorce, my brother's bishop told him he wasn't worthy to have a temple sealing dissolution. A very strange and disorienting moment for him.