Human remains found on Daybell propery

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Human remains found on Daybell propery

Post by _Lemmie »

An update, of sorts:
Lori Vallow and her husband Chad Daybell are both behind bars on the day they reportedly believe Jesus Christ will return to earth and only 144,000 people on the planet will be spared from unspecified doom.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Vallow’s former, now-deceased husband Charles Vallow said in divorce documents filed in January 2019 that his wife had become obsessed with bizarre religious beliefs and insisted she was a “transmuted being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium.”

According to court documents cited by Business Insider, Charles Vallow said his wife believed she was “receiving spiritual revelations and visions to help her gather and prepare those chosen to live in the New Jerusalem after the Great War as prophesied in the Book of Revelations,” purportedly set to begin on July 22, 2020.

Lori Vallow’s embrace of extreme religious views appear to have arisen during the time she became acquainted with Chad Daybell, who is reportedly a proponent of the doomsday scenario. When they met in 2018, Daybell was a prominent member of a so-called end-days prepper community known as “Preparing a People.”

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/07/22/ ... y-22-2020/
And an unusual final statement for a straight news piece.

Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell are both due back in court on separate dates in early August, provided the world has not ended before then.
:lol: :lol:
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I've got about 3 hours before I meet my doomsday end. I just want to say how much I've enjoyed most of you here. I do forgive those who were right PITA's on this board just taking up usable space. You know who you are. Let's not forget those who are simply FOS. You probably don't even know you're FOS and that's okay. I forgive you, too. For those who were intentionally FOS. Screw you guys. The pedantic s-hits of the board. Nobody likes you. Screw you, too. And last but not least, for the intellectually honest, those with a kick ass sense of humor,the true artists among us, the animal lovers, the tree huggers, the star gazers, and especially those who put me on the intellectual ropes, I thank you from the bottom of my soon-to-be eternally zombified little heart. :eek:

See you on the other side.

Or not.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Wait .... wut?
Where is Jersey Girl going?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

SteelHead wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Wait .... wut?
It was supposed to be the end of the world, but I feel fine. :lol:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:54 pm
SteelHead wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Wait .... wut?
It was supposed to be the end of the world, but I feel fine. :lol:
:lol:
So either all of us have been taken, or none of us. What are the odds.....
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Somewhere...in a jail far, far, away in Rexburg,Idaho...Chad and Lori woke up in their respective cells hating the respective f-uck out of each other today.

And I am not a zombie.

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Nah. They'll just claim the government that imprisoned them are agents of the forces of Satan and, while God in his infinite wisdom has allowed this, ultimately the world will be judged for interfering. They'll say something about further condemnation and judgement perhaps, and Gods plan will not be stopped but His ways aren't our ways. The fact it didn't happen will be a sign that their calling was necessary to bring it about so their imprisonment is why its delayed or something like that. It's how it works.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:34 pm
Nah. They'll just claim the government that imprisoned them are agents of the forces of Satan and, while God in his infinite wisdom has allowed this, ultimately the world will be judged for interfering. They'll say something about further condemnation and judgement perhaps, and Gods plan will not be stopped but His ways aren't our ways. The fact it didn't happen will be a sign that their calling was necessary to bring it about so their imprisonment is why its delayed or something like that. It's how it works.
Riddle me this. Why haven't they teleported themselves out of jail yet? Huh? Huh?
Chinese Proverb
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

If you are the Son of God, why not jump from this mountain so the angels will pick you up and carry you?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 pm
If you are the Son of God, why not jump from this mountain so the angels will pick you up and carry you?
I KNEW YOU WOULD DO THAT!!!
Chinese Proverb