Missionary Dress Code - Blue shirts are in, ties are out. Sort of.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Missionary Dress Code - Blue shirts are in, ties are out. Sort of.

Post by _I have a question »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced exceptions to the dress standards for young men serving as missionaries.
The exceptions, which were approved by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, will give Area Presidencies the ability to adjust missionary attire in specific locations to improve and maintain missionary dignity, safety, effectiveness, approachability and cultural sensitivity while properly representing the Lord and His Church.
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... ssionaries
Under the updated guidelines, the standard missionary attire is reemphasized, which includes a white shirt and tie and, in some areas, a suit coat. Additionally, in approved teaching areas, young men (commonly known as elders) may be able to wear a white or plain blue dress shirt with or without a tie. These exceptions will be determined by Area Presidencies, and missionaries will be notified by their mission president if these exceptions apply to their teaching area.
I’m wondering if this move is primarily safety related, to try and “camouflage” the Missionary when they are out and about. To avoid an incident where an antiracist activist has connected the racism within the Book of Mormon with those missionaries who are out there promoting it.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Re: Missionary Dress Code - Blue shirts are in, ties are out. Sort of.

Post by _msnobody »

They certainly might blend in in Clearwater, Florida wearing the blue shirts. Of course, what little I know about Scientologist’s attire is probably ancient.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

The main picture accompanying the article are 4 missionaries - 1 Asian in appearance, 1 Black, 2 White. Of the 4 missionaries, 3 are wearing ties and long sleeves. 1 is pictured in short sleeves and no tie. Guess which one they picked to be the odd one out not wearing a tie and not wearing long sleeves...
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Whatever it takes to get kids on missions and keep them from coming home early.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Coulda used that in 1990 when we were constantly bitched at by Peruvians for acting like we were above them for wearing ties. I kid you not that was a thing. We floated the idea up to the MP about the tie issue, but it was vigorously defended. So. What? 30 years behind the power curve with regard to inspiration? Seems about par for the course.

- Doc
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

I have a question wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:13 pm
The main picture accompanying the article are 4 missionaries - 1 Asian in appearance, 1 Black, 2 White. Of the 4 missionaries, 3 are wearing ties and long sleeves. 1 is pictured in short sleeves and no tie. Guess which one they picked to be the odd one out not wearing a tie and not wearing long sleeves...
The Asian?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

cinepro wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 pm
I have a question wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Guess which one they picked to be the odd one out not wearing a tie and not wearing long sleeves...
The Asian?
One down and three more guesses to go.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

The invasive tactics of the Mormon parasite are vulgar. As with all things that are enjoyed by participants, there is always a faction that will try and use the unifying catalyst to their advantage for gain. Such is a parasite. Parasite neither produce or construct, all they do is feed upon the producers. By using chameleon type tactics the Mormon parasite has created any number of organization or activities to become accepted as normal. Whether it is starting a youth baseball team to get baptisms or sponsor events to gather the curious, such as any pageant or lighting display they will try it all.

If they believed that they could gain converts in a location by sponsoring a KKK rally, they would. If they thought that they could gain converts by sponsoring a dance competition they would and have. The best example of their chameleon presentation is their association with the Boy Scouts of America organization. The Mormon parasite joined the organization not because the BSA taught their philosophies, but because it wanted to gather those who supported and enjoyed the BSA and its activities into the Mormon fold. Then when the BSA faltered (allowing gays into the BSA) in terms of what the parasite liked to feed on, willing youth who could be swayed into the Cult, the Mormon parasite quickly departed for other hosts.

So as aversion to Mormon salesmen and saleswomen have become entrenched in the societies the Mormon parasite is trying to feast off, like any parasite they have to adapt and change. The clothing might be different but the goal is the same, something for nothing.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

What shade of Blue?

Instead of an Alligator or whatever on the chest will it have the Lutheran Christus statue logo?

Will they have to buy "approved shirts" from the Church distribution center?

Polyester? Cotton? Wool?

Long or short sleeves?

Button or pullovers?

Maybe with matching sweaters with Jesus elbow patches?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert